Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack, meanwhile, was silent, still sitting in the chair, drawing his legs up into it, and drawing his knife... And then lunging in low, slashing at the back of the Jotun's legs with the surgically sharp steel, trying to open up large arteries, and to hamstring it. "No, no, Frosty... pay attention to ME. I'm going to carve out your heart and EAT it..." He says, with his eyes wide, and a very nasty grin on his face... The scariest thing about that statement was that Emmett would be able to tell that he actually fully intended to carve out this creature's heart and eat it.

Comment

GM Note: Pardon a few bits of powerplay here, in the interest of zomgdrama.

Location: Penthouse Suite, The Mirage, Las Vegas - Bobby No-Eyes the Cyclops & Frosty the Jotun vs Our Ragtag Band of Misfits

The jotun grunts a few times as bottles of alcohol shatter both against its tough skin and the wall, dousing both it and Lupo in booze. The frost giant turns one pale eye balefully on Emmett, baring its jagged teeth. "I thought I was," the Titanspawn sneers. (Picking on someone his own size, that is.) It kept its arms locked tight around Lupo's head, swinging him this way and that, hoping to prevent the Mars-kin from fighting back.

That's when things start going wrong for it. First Deann's next arrow flies. It doesn't quite fly entirely true; the arrow grazes against Lupo's cheek, slicing it open before burying itself in the jotun's wrist behind the fighter's head. Icy cold ichor spurts from the wound, drawing another bellow of pain. "Hellenic whelp!" the frost giant snarls. "I'll--" but it's interrupted by Jack, the Aztec-kin's knife succeeding in slicing open its left leg, more of that chilling ichor spilling out, before the knife is turned aside by the jotun's thick Achilles tendon. It doesn't slice through, but it does wound, and the giant's leg buckles, the combination of injuries putting Lupo's feet back on the floor.

"Blood-drinking filth!" the jotun howls. "I'll have your skull for my mead horn!"

On the other side of the room, the blinded cyclops is going berserk, swinging its massive arms around as it tries to find the godling that had been behind the sofa. Its massive feet sweep around on the floor as it careers over toward the bar, its bulk slamming into the counter and rocking it. Selene is up and backing away as she clutches the lighter-- business-end out-- in her teeth, stuffing the rum-soaked towel into the neck of the bottle. "Where you go, Moon-bitch whore?!" the cyclops roars, one sweep of its arm breaking a chunk of the counter off, coming frightfully close to Emmett's location.

Luke's strikes draw forth more bellows of rage from the blinded Titanspawn, especially as one kneecap cracks with a sound like a gunshot. Its leg buckles, and it falls to one knee, but then its elbow comes around like the wrath of the titans, only without any appearances by Sam Worthington or Liam Neeson. It catches Luke with enough force to send him off his feet and flying back a little ways, the baton clattering from his hands and sliding under the table. Growling with fury, the cyclops rips the arrow out of its blinded eye and flings it into the floor as it struggles to get back to its feet. Its huge head swings back and forth, and its flat nostrils flare. "No need eye!" it rumbles. "Can smell you, puny godlings!"

To the Aesir-kin courageously cowering under the table, a thought suddenly strikes him as he looks from the jotun-- which had been doing a fairly good job neutralizing 'Wolfie' with that blood choke-- to the cylcops: No matter how big and strong something is, it can't fight if it can't breathe...
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Fuck fuck fuck this is not in my job description damnit I don't like this but I'd rather the assholes attacking people dead than these pack of morons...

Aiden scurries to the Michael's bag, drawing the next ball of yarn he'd planned for the scarf out and looping a yard around his hands, over and over as he stands up shaking and very carefully sneaking around to the other side of the cyclops.

Then he lunges, throwing the improvised garotte over the titanspawn's head and pulling his weight backward, holding on for dear life.
        Last edited by Naamah; 05-14-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Jack is still grinning that vicious grin of his, straightening up, and running his tongue over his teeth. "I'd let him go if I were you... Or do you plan to just let me stab you to death? Either way is fine with me, but you're going to need your hands for this one." He says, flicking his knife out, and letting the ichor slide off the blade and splatter against the wallpaper. The cyclops is dangerous, sure, but the Jotun seems smarter, and that is FAR more deadly. Of course, if it's going to keep its back turned to him, he'll be glad to cut it up some more...

Comment

"Y'know, I may not particularly like my mother, but she's not a bitch, and I'm not a whore!" Deann shoots another arrow, aiming for the cyclops' diaphragm to help with the whole choking thing going on here.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Luke is thrown onto, and through, a wooden chair, shaking his head as he pulls himself up from amid the wreck. He's breathing heavily, but not apparently from his injuries, but rather from some extreme effort - not that anyone can really tell what the focus of that effort might be, though those who know his origins and their mythology might be able to guess if they can see his eyes. One is noticeably dilated, while the other iris has contracted. With a shout, he grabs the broken ends of the chair legs to replace his baton and rushes at the cyclops, switching freely between stabbing with the broken ends and swinging them as clubs. He doesn't even flinch as the arrow grazes his neck and draws blood - likely not even aware it happened.
              Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM. Reason: Including Kheldarson's post.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

A sudden thought... an out of place detail strikes Emmett he considers the implications of the following points: The upgrade was a ruse meant to trap them, Johnny Left a Note : Both of these can't be true, so there must be someone who wrote the note and set up the room ahead of time.

He muses out loud, "So which of you two is the smart one? I bet you can't even spell your own names." He scoffs... "Hell I bet you had to have someone read the numbers of the rooms for you. It does get difficult counting that high."

Comment

Location: Increasingly Damaged Penthouse Suite, The Mirage, Las Vegas

The blinded, berserk, bloodied, bellowing cyclops' roars are choked off with a low squeak as Aiden's improvised garrote catches it around the neck. The big Titanspawn stumbles backward, not completely off-balance, as the Aesir-kin's weight hangs off its neck. One hand tries to grab for the ligature, but it has sunk to deeply into its thick neck for its equally thick fingers to grasp. Its other arm tries to reach back for Aiden, but once again the cyclops' thick body prevents it doing so.

It is so distracted by the effort to clear its airway that it's left rather wide open for Luke's furious assault. It can't even muster up a roar as the makeshift weapons in the Tuatha-kin's hands stab and bludgeon it, its hot ichor staining the remnants of its tattered bellhop disguise. And then Deann's arrow streaks past for the Titanspawn's throat-- grazing Luke's neck en passant-- and penetrates with enough force that Aiden would find the pointy end stopping just in front of his nose.

The cyclops' struggles cease for a moment as it clutches at its bleeding throat, sinking to its knees, a harsh wheeze gurgling from its ruined neck before it pitches forward onto its face. It's not quite dead yet, but it's dying, and too weak from its injuries and the Aesir-kin strangling it to fight back any further.

Meanwhile, the frost giant-- which is indeed the smarter of these two Titanspawn-- manages to force its way back to its full height with a yell, hurling Lupo to the floor with enough force to drive any remaining wind from the fighter's lungs. To add further injury, it stomps a foot down on the small of his back, snarling, "I'll finish with you in a second, Marsson."

That done, the jotun rips the arrow out of its wrist, snapping the shaft in two and flinging the pieces aside. Even with its chilling ichor dripping down its leg and arm, the Titanspawn is still a big fighter. It turns its pale eyes to Emmett. At the insult to its intelligence, the jotun snarls. "Son of Ma'at," it declares, "for one who sees the truth in things, you are remarkably easy to fool with a false note." It smirks.

And sure enough, if E.J. were to look again now, the illusion on the note would be clear. The signature (<3 Johnny) is True, but the rest of the note... that was added later, by someone else's hand. The note had just enough truth on it that the illusion spell was able to fool the P.I.'s abilities.

The jotun glances now at the body of its cycloptic comrade, which is by now going still. It bares its teeth. "Cyclopses are fine berserkr," it remarks. "But if you want brains to go with the brawn, call a jotun. You god-whelps are only delaying the inevitable. When the Jotunhammer falls, so will the darkness, and your world's as good as dead!"

"In that case," Selene quips, rising from behind the bar with the burning Molotov cocktail in one hand, "one must cast a light into the darkness."

She flicks the weapon at the frost giant, whose eyes widen in terror before it shatters against its chest. Flames whoosh up, setting the jotun ablaze and sending it staggering back into the wall. It shrieks in pain and terror, pitching about blindly, cracking the wall. Selene nods in satisfaction. "Cheers," she offers.

Of course, there's the slight problem of Lupo Virtus still being on the floor. He got doused pretty liberally in alcohol as well by Emmett's earlier barrage, and all it would take is the jotun falling down close enough to him to set him on fire as well...
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

There's blood on his face, splattered from the arrow scratching the tip of his nose.

Aiden lays on its back, adrenaline rush paralyzing him, every sense hyper alert. He feels the heartbeat fading quickly in the body beneath him. He hears the braggadocio of the jotuun, hears the echo of a memory - and then the flames rise.

He doesn't move, just clutches at the dead titanspawn and stares into the ragged wound, shaking.

Comment

Deann launches herself out from behind the couch, running to Lupo's side in a split second almost. She starts tugging on him (she knows there's no way she can pick him up).

"Come on! You've got to move!"
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

EJ Having already been anticipating the fire bomb leaps to action just a few steps behind Deann and begins helping her pull Lupo out of harms way. Hopefully their combined effort will be enough...

Comment

Location: Pretty Well Demolished Penthouse Suite, The Mirage, Las Vegas

The combined efforts of Emmett and Deann are sufficient to move the big MMA fighter, and just in time, as the flailing, wailing jotun-on-fire collapses to its knees, igniting some of the spilled booze on the floor. It pitches onto its face, still thrashing and howling. The fire, combined with some ichor-loss, has pretty well neutralized the frost giant. And the cyclops is lying dead underneath a combat-traumatized Aiden.

Of course, there's still the issue of a somewhat-battle-frenzied Luke and a blood-thirsty Jack that might be a problem, if they can't keep their Divine impulses in check.

Comment

Lupo snaps out of his Inner Focus with a curse, realizing he had let his fathers influence grab him again..and it had almost killed him. He stands quickly thanking the ones who had saved him.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

He's up in time to see Luke leap from the cyclops, his makeshift weapons still in hand, and plunge both into the back of the jotuun, leaving both nearly completely buried in it's body, while ignoring the flames, standing again unarmed and looking around at the rest of the group, still clearly in his berserk state and waiting for anyone to make a move. Or getting ready to make one himself.
                              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Lupo wonders why the other warrior is still raging, but then realizes if his father can still influence him...he calmly stands up, takes a defensive stance between the warrior and the others. His primary mission now that the other two creatures are down is defense.

He can't read his opponent, but he didn't need to. He did need to make sure his focus didn't get him in trouble again. He..closed his eyes. He can fight blind. Calling to the others.."Need to even the playing field here...douse all the lights..need it as dark in here as we can get it..including snuffing out the unhuman torch there." Taking a calming deep breath, he started doing the boxer shuffle..ready to intercept, intercede, and block if needed.
                                Last edited by Mytical; 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM.
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X