This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole mess of suckyness

I thought they called themselves gang-bangers, not hooligans?

Something about 50 kids on the last day of school engaging in a gang brawl in the middle of the mall causing the local cops to call out the SWAT team and to have them rush thru your store in full gear is something I really didn't expect.

The crazy flashlight lady

So i'm shelving some True Crime books when something flashes my eyes. I rub my eyes abit and turn to look at some crazy homeless woman flashing a flashlight at me. I rush over to her and demand her to not flash light into my eyes, which she continues to do, mumbling that the manager of the store should ban phones. LP notices this and chases her around the store trying to detain her while Mall Security is called in to help assist. She is then thrown out of the mall after she bites a security guard.

Don't go into strangers cars!!

Guy: *mumbles about something workplace related* Can I have a ride to (place where none of us live)?
    Me: "I don't live there."
    Co-Worker: "Ditto."

Guy apparently missed the last bus to wherever he wanted to go and tried to bum a ride offa us because "he used to work at the store where he was going." Okay, no.

It's fine.

If you aren't a dedicated bibliophile, a little know fact is that given the right conditions, paperback books can "curl" that doesn't damage the cover (short of another book smashing it). Alot of "face outs" do this given the right conditions.

So this hippie-esque lady comes to the counter and shows my co-irker a book and wants to order a new book. When he explains that the book is fine and that by putting some pressure from other books on a shelf or just weighting it down will straighten the cover, the lady insists on a new copy. He begrudgingly orders one (even quoting the longest possible transit time to order a book), and then tells me he's hatching a plan to wait a few days, switch the "bad" book in as the ordered copy, and pass it off to the woman.

I tell him it's your fucking ****s at risk, not my ****. And to put the book back onto the shelf.

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
    I thought they called themselves gang-bangers, not hooligans?

Something about 50 kids on the last day of school engaging in a gang brawl in the middle of the mall causing the local cops to call out the SWAT team and to have them rush thru your store in full gear is something I really didn't expect.
    I just have to ask this : where are the farking Mall Ninjas when you need 'em ?!
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
      I just have to ask this : where are the farking Mall Ninjas when you need 'em ?!
      They left after she came in.

Comment

I obviously frequent the wrong mall.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

So do I, apparently. ^^
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Oh, so this is what goes on at malls now . . . I actually haven't been to my local one in several years now.

Of course, last time I heard of anything going on at the local mall was not quite two years ago when a shooter ran amok and two people were injured.

And this was around the first part of November . . . not quite the way I'd start off the holiday shopping season.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yup sounds like you need Gecko45 working in your mall.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                Yup sounds like you need Gecko45 working in your mall.
                Don't joke! He keeps us safe from unknown terrors!!11!!! If only you knew the REAL danger that lurks in our malls!!11!

Comment

Ugh, I hate the curling covers. Especially when you're trying to shelve or straighten a high shelf and they all come crashing down on your head! Damn humidity.

One of my old managers got a call from the security company in the middle of the night once because the alarm went off. She met the cops over there to check it out and it turned out some mass market paperbacks fell off a shelf and triggered the motion detector. She wasn't happy.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This is actually the first time I've seen talk of mall ninjary outside of a gun forum. I didn't know anyone else knew about Gecko45.

Comment

This might be a bit of a foolish question, but aren't ninjas supposed to avoid being spotted and looked at???
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

But they get ninja-staff discount on all the cool clothes stores at the mall. It would be a shame not to use it. Mall ninjas are the best dressed ninjas in the clan. Afterall black is soo 16th century.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                          This is actually the first time I've seen talk of mall ninjary outside of a gun forum. I didn't know anyone else knew about Gecko45.
                          I first heard about the mall ninja in my parenting forum. Gecko's insanity makes its rounds.

Comment

Speaking of ninjas, here is the start of a comic sequence about a Ninja Restaurant.*

*Not responsible for lost hours spend reading the entire strip.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Wow I guess he's more of legend than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X