This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC 0, Store 1 (kinda long)

Last week a mistake was made on the schedule for my dept. It left a 1 hour period with no one in the dept(supermarket bakery), the GM was fine with this since it was dead. It was a week day and it was between the lunch time rush of older and retired types and the after work/evening crowd of people who work. The day person made sure everything was full before they left. When the left the shut of the back room lights and put up closed signs.

When I come in their was a note to call a custoemr who had been in the store and had some question about ordering a cake. I can't cal out from my phone so I went to the office upstairs to make the call. I saw the GM on my way up and he explained the situation. Basically the SC had come in when no one was around and waited a few minutes, finally realized that no lights and closed sign mean closed and saw the GM who left me the note.

I call the SC

Me: *dial number*
    SC: Hello?
    Me: Hi! This in <name> from the <city, store> <dept>
    SC: Oh good. Thanks for calling.
    Me: No problem. I see you wnated to discuss a cake order.
    SC: Yes.

We go over the options and I place the order. As I leave the office I walk by the GMs office, pop my head in and tell him the SC is all set. Not 30 second after this the annoying automated voice comes over the PA telling me i have phone call. I turn around go back to the office and answer the call.

Me: opening speech
    SC: I was in earlier today.. *she basically repeats the story the GM told me, except for a few minor details(in no particular order): the lights were on and no closed sighs were up, she called "hello, hello" for 15 minutes for help before walking the store for 5 minutes to find a employee, the employee (who she didn't remember the gender, description or name) was rude*
    Me: Ok. Do.....
    SC: Then the kid who called me back.... *in order of her rant, was rude, did not give name, was not helpful, didn't know product and was greeted with "Hey this is <name> from <company> sanitation crew i will try to help, when she answered*
    Me: *Now what?* I am sorry to hear that, would you like to speak to the GM.
    SC: I DEMAND to speak with someone other than the idiot that called me.
    Me: Pleas hold.

I walk to the GM office next door and tell him what happened. He answers the call and get about two word in edge wise for the first minute. The we get this gem fro the GM to SC" Mrs. SC, I was the person who talked to you on the floor, I saw you walk up the counter and offered to help you about 30 seconds after you walked up. I informed you that the call wound be after *time*. Yes, i overhead part of the call *the Gm had gone into the office I was into to get some papers* The clerk who called did give their name and did not say that. No, i will not do that. That is confidential. The order is canceled. We will not make it. Bye! *slams down phone*

The SC had repeated the same lies on her second call to me and a few more plus a bunch of name calling at the GM. She wanted to get free groceries for a month for the emotional stress, or a free cake. When the GM refused the SC the SC weaned to know my my full name and phone so she could contact me for a apology. That is when he canceled her order and hung up.

This is why we don't take cake orders over the phone anymore at my store.
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      The clerk who called did give their name and did not say that. No, i will not do that. That is confidential. The order is canceled. We will not make it. Bye! *slams down phone*
      Brilliant. I gotta use that line more often.
      Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        When the GM refused the SC the SC weaned to know my my full name and phone so she could contact me for a apology.
        Apology.... right
        I looked up the meaning of apology, strangely enough it's nothing like 'harassment'. Good on your GM for standing up to her and not violating your privacy.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Just a scam.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
            Just a scam.
            Or a delusional E.W. There's a fine difference between the two, being that a Scammer actually knows what they're trying to pull is bullshit.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Wow. A manager in retail with a spine?

Color me impressed.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Lying BITCH!!!
                I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Lucky you to have such an awesome GM.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    Wow. A manager in retail with a spine?

Color me impressed.
                    Depending on the situation the spine may vary. He draws the line at EW's, scmmers and other similar things that are WAY over the line or just really rude. A polite EW may or may not get more leeway than a whiney one.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                      Or a delusional E.W. There's a fine difference between the two, being that a Scammer actually knows what they're trying to pull is bullshit.
                      From what we can read, I'd say this person did this quite deliberately and I don't think there's any way that wouldn't warrant a straight jacket and an extended stay in a padded room they could not now it was bullshit.

Besides, they didn't use any of the common excuse for Entitlement Whore-ism (race / gender / profession / age / progeny ). So I'm putting my money on scammer.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I really can't wait to open my Bar and have EQ do the sweet-and-salties for it. It'd be SO much fun to do that.

Quoth donruss View Post
                        Lying BITCH!!!
                        Why, donruss, I feel you must be searching for words to express just how you feel. Nicely put.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          Apology.... right
                          I looked up the meaning of apology, strangely enough it's nothing like 'harassment'. Good on your GM for standing up to her and not violating your privacy.
                          "Okay, I'm sorry. Sorry you're a braindead BITCH!"
                          *CLICK!*
                          The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Working...
                          X