This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherin we meet the Leopard lady

An old couple comes in with some documents to be notarized. On their heels is a garish woman in a black body suit and spandex. Huge sunglasses, leopard heels, shawl, and gigantic plastic-y leopard-y bag. Wow.

I can see that the documents the old people have will take some time, so I ask them if they would mind if the woman went first. They say of course! all sweet and everything. She pushes past them without so much as a smile or thank you and plops her box down on the scale.

I inform her that our system is offline today so things are taking a bit longer than usual as I have to input all the information by hand. She huffs with an **of course, this shit always happens to me** shake of the head.

When I tell her the price she rants and raves. Apparently she ships this exact same box with the exact size and exact weight to the exact same address all the time and OMG ITS TWO DOLLARS HIGHER THAN ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. WWWWWWWWWTTTTTFFFFFFF!!?!?!?!?!?

After some inspection I find the mistake - because our system was offline the address registerd, by default, as a residence instead of a business. Its two dollars cheaper to send a package to a business.

I apologize, refund her the $2, and she grabs that blinding dead-leopard excuse of a hand bag and heads for the door.

I say to her back, "Its a good thing you got that $2 back. Now you can go buy another tacky outfit."

The old man chuckled. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get in trouble.

Congratulations. You made me twitch. Now I feel cold. *shivers*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

EQ, your smiley remind me of...me.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think this post is best said in smilies
        First my reaction to how that lady was dressed

and to your comment that hopefully won't get you in trouble
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song