Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We scan ours so the boss can see how each of the papers sell so that he can adjust how many we order accordingly.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      ... one day she decided she'd just walk in, take a paper, and throw a dollar at my register and huff off.
      Quoth wanderingjoe72 View Post
      I think it would be funny to yell "Stop. Thief" and if she complains, tell ehr she didn't pay. If she tries to state she paid, let her know that she hasn't been rung out, so no she hasn't paid. Public embarassment works wonders.
      When I worked at a Sheetz, I actually did that to people who tried it.
      I told them outright that they needed to wait in line like everyone else and that if they failed to do so, I would call the police and have them review the surveillance tapes to prove that they just took a paper without first completing a proper transaction. Usually, that shut them up and they waited in line... albeit begrudgingly.

However, a guy actually tested me on that once. He ignored my warning of contacting the police and just waltzed out the door after dropping his change on the end of the counter.
      I didn't even need to use the phone because a cop was pulling in at that very moment to get some coffee. When I told the cop, he went out to the guy's car before he could pull out and made him come in and wait in line to pay.
      I gave the cop his coffee on the house that day.
      "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
        I have heard of a few customers but have never had any myself who will reach into your register and try to get their own change. I was told by management to slam the drawer shut on their hand as hard as I could
        If that happens in my store I would call security and they would send them to their office. we use a different alias instead of security for pages like "Mr. Brown to register 6" for example."
        Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Working...
        X