Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um, your previous actions disprove your current claim....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a crew of construction workers who are remodling a business just down the street from us. they come in to our store in the late moring (for Second Breakfast, I guess), and several of them buy cigarettes. the youngest guy in the group always gets a kick out of the fact that he in consistantly not carded, while the others are. (He comes in first, alone, and looks far older than he is, and his babyfaced buddies haven't been coming in enough to be known.)

A few days back, he got stopped in the parking lot by a Truant Officer.
    Said Truant Officer also carded each of his co-workers as they came out. Apparently, we weren't the only ones who thought those guys looked like Sophomores cutting class.

Comment

well, kiwiwinelover, I must applaud you for actually being vigilent... considering I've seen so often where a sale should be refused and it isn't... hell I've even admitted that I was making a 3rd party purchase (admitted that I was buying for coworkers the last time I was in Nevada... then again, with a Utah license that might not have raised that much suspecion about the legal age of coworkers, sense it's a known fact that getting alcohol in Utah is a royal PITA and having people shop for everyone in Nevada is common), even admitting that I was technically breaking the law, they still sold it to me (once again, giving some credit, I don't remember the laws in Nevada that well, and I doubt someone in Nevada would know that it is illegal to bring alcohol across the state line with the purpose of selling/giving to other people).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        I must applaud you for actually being vigilent... considering I've seen so often where a sale should be refused and it isn't

Way I see it is

One : I follow the law so what makes you think you shouldn't have to?

Two: Just don't make it obvious that there is something fishy - I'm not stupid I can read the body language etc!

I'm pretty observant, and just don't think that underage drinking is okay in most situations. And those situations include getting pissed with your mates out god knows where. Sorry y'all

Comment

Working...
        X