X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may not be Thomas Paine...

But I do have some common sense.

An old guy came to the register I was at, bought some canned goods and boxes of stuff. I believe he had two boxes of cookies, and 8 cans of...whatever. I bagged his two boxes and four cans, which isn't too much at all, and he snaps at me, "DON'T PUT ALL OF THOSE CANS IN ONE BAG, THEY'LL BREAK!".

Um...I wasn't going to, but okay. So I bagged his other four cans in a different bag.
    Like I was going to do.

Asshole.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

sigh you know this is only because of sackers in the business that do bag incorrectly and don't have common sense. They've ruined it for the rest of us.

Comment

I've found that everyone bags differently and some happen to be very picky about it. If you want entertainment, watch customers at the self checkout sometime. People bagging bread with 2-liters of pop, liquid soap with bananas, etc. Quite a lot of fun

Our local supermarkets have stands holding a plastic bag full of cans & heavy product. It's supposed to serve as an example of just how much weight a single bag can hold, which is actually quite a bit (so long as the bag isn't torn). Not that it matters, customers still believe what they believe.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Humpf... Some of the baggers ARE idiots, I must admit. (I said some, definately not all, the majority can do it. I've been a cashier/ bagger, so don't hurt me)
        I remember one time a bagger bagged CLEANING supplies with FOOD. (I think it was crackers, but still) I had to explain why that was wrong, and watch like a hawk while the rest of my stuff got bagged.
        "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
          Humpf... Some of the baggers ARE idiots, I must admit. (I said some, definately not all, the majority can do it. I've been a cashier/ bagger, so don't hurt me)
          True, and sometimes some customers can be completely illogical in their bagging requests. I once had a customer insist that everything go in one bag. It wasn't all that heavy, but his order did include both fruit and bug poison, the latter of which I prefer to put in its own bag, even away from cleaning supplies.

Comment

The gradual disappearance of the paper bag is a sad thing. Plastic bags can barely take one or two frozen pizzas, mainly because they're too small and the corners of the box start tearing the bag. They can barely hold a pair of two-liter bottles, where a paper bag could hold four.

Never really counted cans, but I know for sure I've put more than four in a plastic bag.
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
              sigh you know this is only because of sackers in the business that do bag incorrectly and don't have common sense. They've ruined it for the rest of us.
              Or it could be because that a large number of customers are just soul-sucking fuckwads who insist on taking their frustrations with life out on innocent retail workers.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Sedorna View Post
                True, and sometimes some customers can be completely illogical in their bagging requests. I once had a customer insist that everything go in one bag.
                Once again, a timely Simpsons quote.

Homer: Wait -- I changed my mind. Stack it in the order I'll eat it driving home.
                Bag Boy 1: Sir, please! I already bagged it by color, and in order of each item's discovery by man.
                Homer: Customer's always right; that's what everybody likes about us. Now, mush! [claps hands twice]
                Agnes: You tell him, Jumbo! [to her lane's bag boy] And you, start over! I want everything in one bag.
                Bag Boy 2: Yes, ma'am.
                Agnes: But I don't want the bag to be heavy.
                Bag Boy 2: I don't think that's possible.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  I've found that everyone bags differently and some happen to be very picky about it. If you want entertainment, watch customers at the self checkout sometime. People bagging bread with 2-liters of pop, liquid soap with bananas, etc. Quite a lot of fun

Our local supermarkets have stands holding a plastic bag full of cans & heavy product. It's supposed to serve as an example of just how much weight a single bag can hold, which is actually quite a bit (so long as the bag isn't torn). Not that it matters, customers still believe what they believe.
                  Every single time the cashier bags my groceries at my local store, one of the bags rips either as I'm putting it in my car, or as I'm carrying it up to my 2nd storey flat. EVERY SINGLE TIME. It never fails. One of the bags rips. Damn things can't hold nearly as much as the cashiers try to shove into them, especially if they force stuff with hard corners in or try to put something else in with a pineapple :P

So yeah, sometimes customers are right to be a bit picky about bagging, that's why I do mine myself.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    Damn things can't hold nearly as much as the cashiers try to shove into them, especially if they force stuff with hard corners in or try to put something else in with a pineapple :P
                    That's because stores are getting really anal about the number of bags used. My store is really getting on us, we have to put at least five items in a bag, this includes thing like gallons of milk, and I think it may be going up to eight.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                    X