This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice try...... but you fail

this happened last night at my pizza place. this is one of the worst scam attempts I have heard of. did not happen to me but I came back from a delivery and caught the end of it

New customer places an order for 2 large single topping pizzas. address is an apartment not all that far from the store. order gets made and driver is dispatched with the order.

driver gets to address goes to apartment. customer now for some reason has no money to pay for the order. driver leaves. now this particular driver does not have a cell phone so he can not immediately inform the store of the situation.

now here is where it gets funny

about 6 month ago our franchize got tired of sending out remake pizzas just because a customer "claimed" they got a bad or wrong pizza. Too many scams/free stuff going out the door that cost our store big time $$$$'s. so if you want a new pizza you have to send the old/bad/wrong pizza back when the new one is delivered.

Customer almost immediately after the driver leaves calls the store to complain. customer complains they "received" totaly burnt pizzas and want new ones sent out. they are informed about the remake policy. customer "claims" they ALREADY have thrown out the "burnt" pizzas in the apartment dumpster (who does things like that anyway why allllll the way out to the dumpster that quick???? I know I know SC do that esp on a scam).

lather. rinse. repeat until the driver gets back to the store and tells the MOD no delivery was made.

nice attempt but very very bad execution. are there people that stupid (yes they were) as to believe the driver would not get back in time or call ahead to the store to inform on the customer?????????

for the first time the GM BANs a customer. not that that will stop them since all they ahve to do is use a different phone number unless the GM posts the address by the POS terminals.

yes we all had a very good laugh but still are people getting/being that stupid now?????? or has corp America trained the general public to expect so much rolling over during the last 30 years???? I think you know the answer already or you would not be here at CS.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-30-2008, 02:52 PM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

yea your absolutly right....

FAIL!!!!
    It not your personality....

Its your face.

Comment

anything for free product.
      I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Stupid, stupid, stupid scammer. How on earth did he think that would work?

My favorite pizza place has a bring it back policy as well. As a matter of fact they only replace as much pizza as you bring back. Bring back one slice, they replace one slice. Two slices, two, etc.

The will sell the remainder of the remade pie as single slices. If they don't sell fast, they give them away for free to regular customers who come in to pick up orders.

It's a nice system. People who have a problem and bring the pizza back get a replacement. People who are scamming for free pizza end up no better off. And nice regulars get bonus freebies every now and then.
        Last edited by Dips; 10-07-2008, 11:04 PM.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
        X