This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulting while on the phone

Coming up to the register, one of my co-workers is motioning me to pickup the phone. Puzzled, I break into the line he was on and I managed to hear:

Hey (name), some fucking guy saying your name wrong is on the phone!!

I motion my co-worker to hang up the phone and tell him to call back in 10 minutes. If they call back, refer them to me. Sure enough, a minute later:

Me: Bookstore, Honya-chan speaking
    Caller: Is this XXX-XXXX??
    Me: Sure is, what can I help you with?
    Caller: Why did you hang up on me?
    Me: Is this XXX-XXXX?
    Caller: Yes it is, Why did you....
    Me: Ma'am, I strongly suggest you refrain from using dirty words in relation to people you've never met, or barring your inability to control yourself from uttering profanities, to cover the speaker part of the phone.
    Caller: I want to speak to your manager!!
    Me: You're talking to her.
    Caller: No, I want your other fucking Mana....
    Me: Ma'am, refrain from using profanities or I will end this call.

The phone abruptly cuts off for a moment before another voice comes on and mentions that she ordered a book from us and apologized for the actions of the other person. I could hear the other lady in the background trying to get my name out of the situation but I managed to get the Special Order info patted away.

Some people...

Why didn't they just cancel her order? You guys would have been in the right cause she was being verbally abusive. Would have made her think twice in the future by having a potty mouth.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Why didn't they just cancel her order? You guys would have been in the right cause she was being verbally abusive. Would have made her think twice in the future by having a potty mouth.
      If I understood the OP correctly, the actual customer was nice and well behaved, even apologized for the idiot. Since the actual customer was nice, I don't think cancelling her order would have helped.

I'm pretty sure everybody knows (or is related to ) a loud & foul mouthed idiot. And if they're a relative, they probably won't think twice about answering your phone for you. Been there before, myself.

Comment

Working...
      X