This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family of 3 camping out in front of Best Buy

A woman, her mom, and her young daughter have camped out in front of a Best Buy in Mesquite, TX waiting for the Midnight opening of Best Buy on Black Friday

Last year, they weren't able to get what they wanted last year, so they decided to camp out this year. They will be having Thanksgiving dinner in their tent.

The woman is eying a 47-inch television for $199 and wants to get her child a Leapster.
    And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Hmm wonder how many of those deals will ALSO be on the website...
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

But Leapsters aren't new....

Comment

Hate to tell the lady it's a 42" TV (this may be a typo from the website)

Whatever, at least she's in Texas. If anyone does that up here in New England they deserve what's coming. And what's coming is losing their fingers and nose to frostbite.
        It makes sense.

Comment

Not a typo.

Yup, it's not going to be fun when they show her the print ad and she sees that it's not as big as she was hoping it would be.

At least she is spending quality time with her daughter. Right? Right?

Comment

Maybe if she says it on the news and the news reports it as being a 47-inch LCD TV, they'll give her on for $199? In her mind, it might be worth a try.

I have more important things to do than camp out in front of any store for Black Friday sales.
            And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

It's good to know that as bad at math as I am, there's plenty of people out there who are worse at it.

Consider: how much of her time is factored in waiting for this "great deal?" She's not making any money camping out on the sidewalk, but time is indeed money, so once you factor in basically an entire week's worth of time she'll never get back, how cheap is that tv really gonna be?

And this brilliant skill at arithmetic is why I can guarantee you I won't be shopping on Black Friday.

Comment

That lady has gone WAY too far to camp out with kids for 6 days in front of Best Buy all for a good deal.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I didn't understand it when people camped out in front of the theaters to be first to see the Phantom Menace. I don't understand it when people camp out in front of Ticketmaster to get tickets to certain concerts. And I definately don't understand this but whatever floats someone's boat, I guess.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                    I didn't understand it when people camped out in front of the theaters to be first to see the Phantom Menace. I don't understand it when people camp out in front of Ticketmaster to get tickets to certain concerts. And I definately don't understand this but whatever floats someone's boat, I guess.
                    QFT. Is playing the "FIRST! Bwahahahahahaha!" card really that damn important/appropriate in every situation?
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Is this really the message they want to send their kids? If you just worked for a week instead you could pay normal price for the TV and sleep in their own bed at night, or take the kids camping somewhere fun for a week with no electronic devices!

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                        QFT. Is playing the "FIRST! Bwahahahahahaha!" card really that damn important/appropriate in every situation?
                        In the case of a movie, they may be first amongst their friends but they aren't first in the scheme of things unless they are friends of one of hte people that worked on the movies. I have to believe there is a special screening for those folks.

Comment

Working...
                        X