This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free music streaming

When I was at work yesterday I saw my coworkers were playing music online. Normally they have pandora up but this time they were using this site instead.

grooveshark.com

pretty much it lets you play whatever songs it has a license to play for free
    with the option to download a free sampler or to purchase the song (keepin it legal n all)

going to be trying it out to see if i like the new Yes album (fly from here) before i consider sinking cash into it
    Last edited by Ree; 12-07-2011, 08:48 PM.

Not to be a party pooper, but.....

http://gizmodo.com/5862026/groovesha...n-be-destroyed

Comment

There's 2 options down my way for the latest music: Take40.com or TheHotHits.com.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
        noooo

and i just found it too.

Comment

Apparently GrooveShark has never had a license for anything: Grooveshark bunged staff bonuses 'for pirating music'

"
          Simantob even explained Grooveshark's strategy of avoiding the legal negotiations services such as Spotify undertook:

We use a label's songs until till we get 100m uniques [sic], by which time we can tell the labels who is listening to their music, and then turn around and charge them for the very data we got from them, ensuring that what we may them in total for streaming is less than what they pay us for data-mining.

"Let's keep this quite [sic] for as long as we can," he added.
          "
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh, this is bad. Are they going to be able to refund the subscriptions for Grooveshark VIP? Glad I never did that even though I was tempted to.
            What about Pandora?
            Last edited by Nurian; 12-01-2011, 05:49 PM.
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
            X