This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains it pours

As if I don't already have enough to deal with already because of hub's increased workload. (See MIM for that cluster)

I have a 4th grader at work who is very rude and disrespectful to me. (You're not my mom, and I don't have to listen to you, etc.) He refuses to eat his lunch, only dessert. Mom buys him the hot lunch option which is $4/day. She's basically paying $4 for him to eat junk (brownie/cake/cookie), bitch at me about no seconds on dessert, whine about how it's not fair, and then throw away a whole plate of perfectly good food.

Today's hot lunch was baked penne with chicken in alfredo sauce, green beans, a roll and a rice krispie treat. He usually hates rice krispies, so I thought maybe he'd be hungry enough to eat something good for a change. Nope. One of the other kid's mom's brought pizza and he whined and pleaded to her that he was starving. With the full plate in front of him. She asked me if she could give him some pizza. I told her that it's against the school rules because his mother did already provide him with a lunch. She fed him pizza anyways. Which of course he inhaled. My co-workers backed her up because "well he needs to eat!" Yeah he needs to learn to eat something other then crap, and this just reinforces that he can do whatever he wants with no consequences.

I just want this school year to be over.

I will add that I've talked to his teacher, who relays info to mom, but she really doesn't care. At the beginning of the year she would pack his lunch and he ate a little better, but not much. Now he's just a smarmy jerk and I hate thinking of a child like that. I'd be mortified if I knew one of my children was talking back to a teacher like this boy is.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

When I was a kid we had two choices for school lunch. The 2nd choice was nothing.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      When I was a kid we had two choices for school lunch. The 2nd choice was nothing.
      Same here. Ate what mom packed or went hungry...

Comment

Gah. I don't do well with kids. I would go so far as to say that I don't like them. But that's not really true, I just don't like the brats which are produced by parents like that one. She should call the school and ask that the son not be provided desserts, or allowed to bum other kids food. Well, she should teach her kid to obey the adults in charge, but that's clearly beyond her.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Why do I imagine that in eight or ten years or less, the mom of this...child... is going to be wondering why her precious would end up in jail for resisting arrest/interfering with official acts? Good luck to you, OP! I know I couldn't deal with that!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            she should teach her kid to obey the adults in charge, but that's clearly beyondbeneath her.
            Corrected for your convenience.
            Seriously though, I would never have gotten away with that back in the '70's and '80's.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The parents expect us to raise the kiddos for them, but we're not allowed to hurt preciouses' feelings.

Hurting feelings also includes asking them nicely to try one bite of everything on their plate. Or asking them to put away their own trash. Or telling them not to throw food.

Comment

That meal sounds both yummy and healthy.

Stupid kid.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That's an awful way to waste money, on food that doesn't get eaten.

My mom would have crapped a brick and gone back to making bagged lunches for me.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The kids throw out so much food. It's sickening. I grew up hungry and as a kid, I'd be thrilled to have a nice lunch like we serve.

Comment

Ugh, brat-in-training. This is a fight you can't win. Try not to stress over it. At least you know that your own kids aren't like that.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                        Why do I imagine that in eight or ten years or less, the mom of this...child... is going to be wondering why her precious would end up in jail for resisting arrest/interfering with official acts? Good luck to you, OP! I know I couldn't deal with that!
                        If he's physically able. Kid's gonna end up with diabesity.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I bet Mummy Dearest cookes a whole other dinner for Precious when he won't eat what the rest of the family is eating. My parents would never put up with that. You ate the same dinner as everyone else or you got to wait until breakfast. Btw, I'm within the range of normal for my height (actually on the low side...stupid zoloft) and though I'm currently trying to break a junk food fixation brought on by a brush with food insecurity, I actually LIKE healthy foods. Hmmm...wonder why that is.

PS Good job mom and dad! Love you!
                          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

" diabesity. " Nice mistake you made there, and it TOTALLY works!

Comment

He's already on the chubby side and has more metal in his mouth then teeth. *sigh*

His teacher tells me he's never listening in the classroom and is always in trouble for his behavior or making inappropriate comments. I honestly hope he'll make it past 25 and have a job.

Comment

Working...
                              X