This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Shiver)

We have a wall in front of our desk so I can't see the customers coming until they're right there.

SC: *pops out*

Me: "Hi."

SC: *leaves*

Later...

SC: HM didn't say hi to meeee! I want her firedddd! Im very important, will tell corporate on you guysssss!!! She needs to be punished!!!111!!

Boss: HM, you have to say hi to SC.

Me: *to SC* Hi!!!!! How are youuuuu!!!! *big forced grin*

SC: *mutters and leaves*

Me: *to boss* you heard me right?

Boss: Yeah don't worry. He is very important, he works for the CIA. They're you know.

Me: I fear for this country's safety.

Luckily my boss said not to worry, but how can I not?
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

If you had cameras set up, you could replay the footage of the original incident. "See, I did say 'hi' to him! He just didn't acknowledge it!"
    Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    SC: HM didn't say hi to meeee! I want her firedddd! Im very important, will tell corporate on you guysssss!!! She needs to be punished!!!111!!

...Boss: Yeah don't worry. He is very important, he works for the CIA. They're you know.
    Pathetic immature brats? Yeah, I fear for this country's safety too.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Works for the CIA. Probably a low-level file clerk. Wants to feel big by pretending to be bigger than he is. People who are really important don't have to shove it in your face. Being important is like (as Miss Manners says) being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Just text it to someone, they will read it.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
          Works for the CIA. Probably a low-level file clerk. Wants to feel big by pretending to be bigger than he is. People who are really important don't have to shove it in your face. Being important is like (as Miss Manners says) being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

In my life I have met some interesting people point in case back in the 90's I was cooking at a resort. We had a Billionaires club do there annual retreat. I cooked 3 Breakfast 1 Lunch and 2 Dinners for Bill Gates. (all over a 7 day time) One of the Breakfast was an Omelet bar (exhibition cooking) he ordered and stood there with his plate waiting made small talk was very polite and gracious man.

Two weeks later we hosted the Millionaires club. Someone brought Ken Star. I cooked for him once. He was a total prat! Rude Condescending, made sure we all knew who he was, and how he was connected. He even threatened to get a server fired because she forgot his special water.

I told the resort take me off the Millionaires work rotation Id be just as happy to work the Mountain Lodge. Talk about douches.

Comment

With this SC around, I doubt it's a party at the CIA.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I kind of doubt he works for the CIA (or if he does, it won't be for long) for the simple reason that if you work for the CIA, you aren't allowed to tell anybody.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                I kind of doubt he works for the CIA (or if he does, it won't be for long) for the simple reason that if you work for the CIA, you aren't allowed to tell anybody.
                You do if you want a bank loan. A few years ago I was temping in the retail loan department of a bank doing employment verifications. One day I got an application that only indicated that the borrower worked for the U.S. government. I had to have the loan officer call the guy and explain to him that if we couldn't verify his employment, he wasn't getting the loan. (And the CIA does verify employment - they have a dedicated fax number.)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  With this SC around, I doubt it's a party at the CIA.
                  Ah, Wierd Al. So many uses for his material
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                    I worked with a girl who left to go into law enforcement. She became a police officer in Virginia and then joined the CIA. She was allowed to tell her friends.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How pathetic are you that you only feel important by trying to get someone fired over saying Hi. He's over-compensating.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                        He's over-compensating.
                        Yep, that's exactly why they do it. I have a feeling that the guy is a *janitor* for the CIA. Much like the people that suffer from "Little Richard Syndrome" who cruise around in expensive sports cars to compensate. These folks are so unimportant that they have to.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Yep, that's exactly why they do it. I have a feeling that the guy is a *janitor* for the CIA. Much like the people that suffer from "Little Richard Syndrome" who cruise around in expensive sports cars to compensate. These folks are so unimportant that they have to.

That's an insult to Little Richard. At least call it Small Johnson Syndrome.

Comment

From the law firm of Richard, Johnson & Small
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                              Not exactly true. It depends on the nature of their contract. Some can say they work for the CIA. Some can say they work for the government. Some can't say anything about it.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X