This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    I've been thinking about your gun range posts the other day and I have to ask. Have you ever had anyone try and shoot a handgun gangsta style? I'm sure in real life that would get a YOINK
    Actually I saw that happen at a gun range once and amazingly the person did not get YOINKED, though granted the range master was standing right next to him the whole time. He just kept firing and missing until he was empty, then the range master gently replied 'The sights are on the top for a reason you know." and turned the shooter's hand so it was now holding the gun upright again.

I'm guessing that guy got a pass because he handled the recoil well enough to not present a danger and didn't do any other crazy antics.

Comment

I had the pleasure of seeing a teen girl fire the gun once, screech in fear, wave it around, giggle, then wave it around some more. I got the feeling this girl would be a danger to herself and others if she was armed with a butter knife.

My dad's rule is always, "Don't ever fucking point it at someone unless you want to shoot them. And don't point it at the damn sky either. When carrying, aim it towards the ground, that way, if it goes off by accident, the only thing that gets hit is Hell... and maybe your foot."
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Lol.at the gun shop.story, bad part is with the fools I deal with I know his Glock doesn't work.

I charge $20 for cleaning more if it's really bad. I just finished working on 2 of them one also put on night sights and better slide release and take down.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

So you always unload a weapon when setting it down? I'd assume that is the meaning of "unpacking" and would be for safety. Forgive my ignorance this is a topic I know NOTHING about...pardon me while I slink away to turn in my 'Merican card.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
            So you always unload a weapon when setting it down? I'd assume that is the meaning of "unpacking" and would be for safety. Forgive my ignorance this is a topic I know NOTHING about...pardon me while I slink away to turn in my 'Merican card.
            I don't mind the thread jack.
            Yes, oh yea you should unload before setting it down *but* if there are very rare times you might set it down loaded.
            Unpacking is when you have it in an box or gun bag and go to take it out. They should be unloaded it's range procedure most anywhere.

I had a woman today, small (size) liberal minded special ed teacher from NYC. If course she "did not" like guns and was afraid of them.

But was open minded to come to range with friends and got me. I used good humor and easy steps to show he like a hammer it can do good work or smash your thumb, it's the human using it that decides and it was super effective.

She got over her fear shot great and saw though some of the bias that is the news.

Sad part is I had to give notice to the range. Thing are ramping up for me and Boy Scouts. I have several events I have to run inc a merit badge weekend were 40 Scouts from 6 Troops are taking a 2 day course I set up and will run. Between that and my own sons troop events I'd be missing 2-3 weekends a month plus gawd fobid I take the 4th off. Boss man was not having it so I have to quit. But working 7 days a week was getting old.

So here's a pic of me at the range taken by a customer.
            https://www.instagram.com/p/BEl19YUv...lshootingrange
            And a vid of a pistol shooter.
            https://www.instagram.com/p/BColjzvr...ken-at=1978451
            Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 05-16-2016, 01:39 AM.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

My understanding is that "Gangsta style" originated with a low-budget movie. The cheap guns they were using ejected straight up, so the actors were being hit by the spent cases coming down. Turning the gun on its side caused the cases to be ejected sideways, so they wouldn't hit the actors.

Clear case of, before imitating someone, learn WHY they were doing it that way.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X