This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy petting zoo

So, yesterday, got called to help somebody over in patio furniture. A woman asking me several questions about a particular patio set, and stroking my arm several times. Umm, awkward?

She decided on a certain set and had me put it on hold for her because she lacked a large-enough vehicle to bring it home.

Now, this morning. Got a call to bring this patio set out for the lady. She reached over and petted my arm while I was loading the box into her SUV. When I finished, she offered me a high-five, which isn't bad, but then she stroked my arm AGAIN.

I feel unclean.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

LOL at the tread title
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      LOL at the tread title
      Yes, and don't people know not to touch people they don't know?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

"Be careful, ma'am. I'm told my rash is very contagious."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Was she at least hot?

Comment

ICK, ICK, ICK!!!

People want to touch me all the time and I HATE it. I'll allow a coworker to touch my hair or my hands but everyone else HANDS OFF!!!

I smoke. I've learned that if I field strip my butts and put them in my pocket, people are much less likely to try to touch me. I'd rather smell like an ashtray all day than to have people hug me because I got them food stamps.

Comment

She didn't write her phone number on the pickup slip, did she?

Comment

I had a coworker years ago that would come up behind me and start petting me. Cured the problem by kicking out at him. Telling him to stop would have been difficult as there was a language barrier (large Spanish speaking population here).

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  Yes, and don't people know not to touch people they don't know?
                  Maybe she went to Penn state?
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                    Maybe she went to Penn state?

And we have a winner for best comment LMAO!!!

Comment

So, Irv, when's the wedding.

Runs away for safety.
                      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Yuck. I think the last time someone touched me at work was the weird lady who patted my hand and said something like "it's okay" like I was upset, when I totally was fine. And that was a while ago.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          Yuck. I think the last time someone touched me at work was the weird lady who patted my hand and said something like "it's okay" like I was upset, when I totally was fine. And that was a while ago.
                          People do this to me all the time. Well, not literally. They do it conversationally (is that a word?).
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That icky feeling is the same feeling I get around 'creepy men'. And creepy women, though for some reason they're rarer.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                              That icky feeling is the same feeling I get around 'creepy men'. And creepy women, though for some reason they're rarer.
                              Not rarer. They're just all gathered at the Swamp.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X