This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is soooo much..

Ok one from the weekdays job. It's a wholesaler and contactor supply house. Not the orange apron.
    We will sell some stuff to home owners but we can turn them away. But being your not a professional with a account you pay list +10%.

Guy comes in with this theory on plumbing. Asking for fitting that don't exist. After many trips back and forth to the bins in the warehouse I get this grand adapter together. A 1 1/2 eaPVC y and 4 things to go down to a garden hose. I try to let him know this in not a hardware store, but no, I get it all invoiced $35 here it is- ovey that's a lot, why wahh. Yea again we sell bulk to plumbers. They get discounts for high quality. If they find out you got it at the same price they would be pissed.
    Oh yea I though I give you a try never mind. Leaving me to put this shit away.
    Good luck at a store were you have to find it and figure out what the he'll your trying to make.
    Also pool pumps don't work like your thinking dude.
    Also liked the guy who priced a well tank, no clue what size. "Big" Got shocked at the price and asked when we can install it. Yea no.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Also liked the guy who priced a well tank, no clue what size. "Big" Got shocked at the price and asked when we can install it. Yea no.
    Another nitwit who doesn't measure the project he's working on. I've dealt with far too many of those people, and they're always so shocked that they have to do some work themselves. It's not like a ruler or measuring tape is some exotic, rare, unheard-of tool.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      We will sell some stuff to home owners but we can turn them away. But being your not a professional with a account you pay list +10%.
      My dad (not to be confused with my stepdad) works at an electrical wholesaler. Your entire post was just spot on, exactly the kind of thing he complains about. The point of a whole sale store means that you need to buy wholesale to get the cheaper price! He directs nearly every homeowner to the Big Box hardware stores because they are such idiots. This is not a place that a regular DIYer should go to ask questions. There is no store front or sales flyer or shopping carts. This is the place contractors call when they're building a strip mall, or apartment building.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'll need a water tank.
        Ok for what?
        Ok well, ok what size? Note this is by volume.
        Ahh it's about 4ft high. sigh
        No how many gal?
        Don't know but about how much?
        I curty say I can't say because it's based on size and there's no about
        Like what?
        Ahhh like 2 to 115 gal.
        Oh.
        Yea bye.

It's a fun contrast with working at the range on weekends.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
        X