This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you gotta be so rude?

This is a CoC sighting from Hubby's workplace. He is a security guard at a gated community.

His supervisor when to the community association office to drop off some paperwork, and the office manager was there talking with someone else. And the office manager said, loud enough for Hubby's supervisor to hear:

Office Manager: "You know, if I ever get laid off from here I can just go work for [Hubby's security firm] because they don't have to read or write or do any actual work."

Hubby's supervisor was, needless to say, pissed. She was about to tell the woman off when a resident walked into the office, so she just left instead. She hid out in the guard shack to cool off for a bit.

Neither Hubs nor his supervisor know what prompted that comment, though there has always been tension between the security and that office manager.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    "Office Manager: "You know, if I ever get laid off from here I can just go work for [Hubby's security firm] because they don't have to read or write or do any actual work."
    Is that how they got the office manager job?
    Last edited by Dave1982; 04-09-2014, 05:30 PM. Reason: please use quote tags when quoting
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Very few people know how much work a good security guard does.

It's a lot like a computer systems administrator. If you do the job well, noone notices: because the problems you're protecting the rest of the organisation against just don't happen; or are fixed so swiftly few people notice them.

Le sigh.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Wow, snarky much? Kind of (see: majorly) unprofessional to be running around talking like that about people who you actually have to work with/around.
        Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

I hope both hubby and his supervisor reported that unprofessional remark to the office manager's supervisor. That....wow, words fail me.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            Office Manager: "You know, if I ever get laid off from here I can just go work for [Hubby's security firm] because they don't have to read or write or do any actual work."
            Well seeing as your method of keeping your job's only given you bad knees and bad breath. . . ,
            πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

Working...
            X