• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't do the toppings they used to do

From the pub that brought us this:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=101708

Comes this little gem.

After the above incident, we started visiting a few other pubs, but the past couple of weeks we've starting eating at this pub again.

So we go in, and line up to get a table/place order. There was one other couple in the line. Unfortunately, she was quite the EW.

After insisting on getting a booth, she calls over one of the wait staff (carrying a pile of dishes) querying why there were limited options on the schnitzel specials, and why her favourite topping was no longer available. She advised that the menu changed about six weeks ago.

That wasn't good enough for the EW who started ranting and raving about how the prices keep going up and the options keep getting reduced. For starters, the price hasn't gone up in about 2 years (and that price increase was the first in about 3 years). Also, hubby said to her that he'll take one of the options that was available and trotted off, leaving EW to her ranting self.

After her ranting and raving (which included turning around to us apologising to carrying on) - Mum gave a bit of a wry smile, I just stared at her emotionless (but was making a wanking gesture in my pocket while she was carrying on).

But wait, there's more. She had to have a rant at the cashier taking her order about how they've put up the prices and cut their options, and her favourite (which she didn't specify) was no longer available - and was very quick to slam the 2 for 1 voucher on the counter when it came time to pay.

Now for the twist. She's my mum's back neighbour, who she had a fence issue with some time ago. The fence got damaged in a storm by a tree in Mum's backyard, Mum wanted to claim on her insurance and be done with it, but no, EW didn't want to claim because her premium would go up as a result - even after Mum told her that that wasn't the case (at the time, I used to sell that insurance and there was no no claims bonus on house policies), she still insisted on not claiming the damage on insurance. So both Mum and the EW split the difference on the repairs without getting the insurance involved before playing the, 'Oh, we should've just done it through insurance, it would've been cheaper and not affect my premium'. So she's an EW and natural complainer everywhere by the looks of it.

And the grand finale: They ended up switching tables because they didn't like the booth they asked for. Before she asked for a booth, Mum was convinced she was part of the mob in the previous post - who for the record were there, but seemed to be much quieter tonight!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 04-10-2014, 02:20 PM. Reason: removed highlight code from URL
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

See, that's where I would have told her the prices hadn't gone up in two years. I do that at work when people try to tell me the prices have gone up since the last time they ran an ad. It deflates them pretty quick to tell them we haven't had a rate increase for their type of business for something like six years
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X