Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excuse me? How is it that the plan I want can't be honored?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse me? How is it that the plan I want can't be honored?

I'm beyond dis-appointed with these people atm

Some background: I've been on the prowl for a cheap prepaid cell plan that fits my needs (no need for a cameraphone, or data plan, since I have a computer, so....I eventually narrow it down to one cell provider, only, I had to wait til fairly recently to even consider getting a cell phone/plan, due to finances.

Fast forward.....I order, or at least try to do so, a basic LG flip phone, with the plan that fits my budget (400 mins/texts for $35 a month)...All is well, right? Think again.

I received an e-mail earlier today advising me that my order cannot be processed, because the plan I was looking at is no longer available...To the contrary, I was told, when I voiced my concerns about the plan changeovers, that I would still be able to get the plan I want, so to me, they're just giving the run-around, and this has already given some red flags about this cell phone provider.

Which leads me to my question: Since my order with these people can't be processed, should I worry about being charged for service I'm not even USING, down the road? I'm leaning toward alerting my bank as to what is going on, advising them that I no longer wish to have service with this provider

I assume you are ordering the plan along with the phone. If so, then i wouldnt be overly concerned. Ensure you save that email.

Have you spoken with them in person, and accepted a contract or anything of that nature? Or done the same over the web? If the answer to either/both is no, then i would not be worried beyond that of saving any correspondence.

As an aside/BG, it sounds as if you might have a plan, but that you are looking at a plan.

Do you currently have service with said provider? If so, do you use it/have a phone with them? Looking to change?

Comment

I know the term Bait and Switch gets thrown around on this site by SC's but in this case it sounds like a genuine instance of it.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Krivak,

No, this is a no-contract plan I was looking at, from US Cellular, so basically, it's all pre-paid....Have ordered service from Verizon Wireless, as of this update

Comment

Quoth NYTCRAWLER94 View Post
          No, this is a no-contract plan I was looking at, from US Cellular
          oh gosh us hell is bad(sooo not a typo), I believe you dodged a bullet with that, but I would definitely follow up as they've had billing issues since last october that STILL aren't fixed.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
          X