This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was probably me--confessional/please cheer me up

I don't know what section this should go in, really. Background: I may be paranoid because Friday night (the 11th) I had some lady yell at me I was sooo rude because I wouldn't serve her 15 mins after the cafe was closed, and couldn't be responsible for her stuff (liability issue). So the latest complaint about someone rude in cafe I think is me.[/background] I was reading the latest survey results tonight and someone visited the cafe before 11 am on the 3rd. She--I assume female, since most complainers are--complained about the staff in general being "put out" when she needed help. Honestly, we all are; we're trying to cook one person's food and not burn it while cashing out someone else and deal with another who doesn't want to wait to buy a bottle of water. It's always one person running the show. You'd think she'd see that if every staff member is stressed every time she visits, it's the system, not the staff, that's the problem. Beyond that, she said one person, not named, one person was rude. I didn't come in until noon, so no one would think it was me, but *I* do. Why? When I am rushing to do my job, I come across as short with people. It's certainly not intentional, but I feel bad. I think it was probably me, and the customer marked the wrong time. Even if that's not so, I do run into this. I did tonight. If I relax a little, I run out of food, people wait too long, etc. I feel like there's nothing I can do to fix it. I don't want people feeling they have to avoid cafe because of me. And I can't remember any incidents from that day. I'm tired of being labelled rude for trying to beat the clock. We need more staff!
    Last edited by EricKei; 04-14-2014, 11:58 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    It's always one person running the show. You'd think she'd see that if every staff member is stressed every time she visits, it's the system, not the staff, that's the problem.
    You would think they would see that, but most SCs can't see anything beyond their own selves, their own needs, their own egos. You're lucky if they acknowledge you as a fellow human being, let alone see the impossible demands and resulting stress you're dealing with.
    I'm tired of being labelled rude for trying to beat the clock. We need more staff!
    It's the same everywhere. Our hours are being cut to the bone marrow too, nothing's getting done due to lack of staff, and the customers are ticked off that they aren't getting any help. And what's Corporate's answer to these problems? CUT THE PAYROLL SOME MORE!!!

So no, it isn't you. The whole system needs a complete overhaul.
    Last edited by XCashier; 04-15-2014, 01:57 AM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thank you. I think I've decided that since a lot of customers are pleased with me and do say so, I'm not going to let 1 bad apple spoil the barrel. If it really was before 11am, it was probably one of the crotchety mall walkers. They see us running our butts off, yet have continually complained for 20 years.

Comment

Some people will call even the nicest person rude for no reason at all.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

^ my boss, for instance. She's just the most cheerful lady, yet people have called her rude. Whut?

Comment

^ my boss, for instance. She's just the most cheerful lady, yet people have called her rude. Whut?
            That is so annoying. I remember a customer telling my co-worker she was rude when all she did was ask for his name! WTF? But some people are just in a bad mood, all the time; and they take it out on you.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X