X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbs and urge to kill rising! *Language*

Apologies for the language in this

There is a slight problem with our rotating system at work. It’s shit.

Basically, the system we use call tell the difference between Tech direct, Sales, security, managers and stock control

Where it can’t tell the difference is between Tech Direct and the Tills/Admin. It sent all the admin girls home at 5pm today. So ofcourse, none of the admin desk work got done.

7:55pm, I’m 5 minutes from going home and what happens? They realise the admin paperwork and cashing up hasn’t been done. Guess who is the only one in the building who knows how to do it? Half a fucking hour I had to stay over because of that rota system

That’s not all.

Today is the start of the store refurbishments. The contractors are idiots.

Fuck-up Number 1. The contractors decide that they can’t be bothered to turn off the mains electricity on a circuit they need to work on. Don’t forget, in the UK we work on 240 Volts. Now, I work in Electronics, I have have 240 volts up my arm before now...it can kill you and it DAMN sure hurts. I’m watching them and I’m thinking, “Did they kill that circuit?” - CRACK!! ‘OUCH! BOLLOCKS’ – “Nope”

Just because you CAN work on a live circuit doesn’t mean you should

Fuck ups 2-5 The contractors apparently don’t know the difference between the big throw-switch that says “Main store power supply” and the smaller circuit breakers that power off individual sockets. This killed the lights, Service Power, Sales Power and Operational Power and the air con.

Fuck up 6. The contractors asked if they could borrow our air compressor. The next time we see said compressor, the safety valve apparently “Just flew” off the pressure vessel (the air compressor is a portable one) regardless of the fact it has clearly been broken off. The safety valve is designed to open should the vessel exceed the pressure we set it to OR 250PSI (way inside design limits but better safe than sorry)

Fuck up 7. They stole my effin’ pen. Bastards.

Fuck up 8. When setting up the monitor stand where it used to be, thus had enough sockets on the wall to power 30 monitors if they simply opened the socket covers, they hung an extension lead over the warehouse wall and then plugged several surge protectors into that. Putting 45 Monitors onto 1 13amp electrical socket...not a fire hazard at all, eh?

This is on day ONE of our refit. We have 8 weeks of this crap. I shall update you as they fuck more shit up.
    -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Perhaps an annonymous call to the fire inspector is in order?
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

i'm not sure we even have a fire inspector in the UK XD
      -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

That sounds like standard 3rd party work that I have seen. The moved a few display cased in my store recently. This involved installing new plugs. They installed the plugs but the panel that they decided to put them was full. And yes, they were told to run it to a different panel that was not full. So for a day or so the custoemr bathrooms were closed as they had disconnect the power to the lights to power a lighted display case.

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
          i'm not sure we even have a fire inspector in the UK XD
          The local fire and rescue service will have an inspector of some description, and if it's horribly wrong they have the power to close the premises...
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Be sure to hunt them down for your pen.

What?? I hate when people steal my pens!
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

If you have questions about workplace safety try the Health and Safety Executive. If they aren't the people you need they'll know who is.

"The website may be accessed at www.hse.gov.uk. Further help can be obtained by contacting the local HSE office, telephoning the HSE Infoline on 0845 345 0055 or e-mailing the HSE at the address hseinformationservices@natbrit.com."

Really 40+ monitors on 1 socket ?

Really ?

I didn't have much faith in humanity but that kind of pushed me over the edge.

Victoria J

Comment

Working...
              X