This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I propose a new store policy...

One that is horrifically customer-unfriendly, but it will save me lots of headaches: NO SPECIAL ORDERS ON CLEARANCE MERCHANDISE. If it goes on clearance and sells out before you can snap it up, then tough shit.

Two incidences of this today:

Incident the first:
    A co-worker of mine, who is going away to college and needed furniture for his apartment, wanted a chest of drawers that was on clearance and sold out. So we had to have it sent in from a different store.

Chest of drawers arrives, we hold it for co-worker--and then he doesn't purchase it right away because he doesn't have the money. If he weren't such a lottery addict and didn't spend so much money on his scratchy scratchy scratchy habit, maybe he would've had enough to pay for his chest of drawers.

Eventually he raises the cash for the chest of drawers, but decides not to purchase the chest we had sent in from the other store. He waits for somebody to return a different chest and purchases that one instead.

Result: Irv is stuck unpacking the big, bulky chest of drawers and putting it out on display. (it comes fully assembled)

Incident the second:
    A customer wanted to purchase a crib that had gone on clearance and recently sold out. Wanting to save the sale, management sends out a memo to nearby stores asking if they have this particular crib and can send it to us. A store in Upper Michigan locates the crib and sends it to us via interstore transfer.

Crib arrives and we hold it for the customer, who never shows up to purchase it. Today, store manager calls the customer to tell her the crib is in the store and ready for purchase. She tells him thanks, but she picked up a different crib someplace else.

Result: The crib will have to be sold at an even bigger loss than we would've taken had we sold it to this customer.

Ever wonder why assisted suicide isn't legal? It's because if it were there would be nobody left to work in retail.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 08-24-2009, 09:28 PM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    NO SPECIAL ORDERS ON CLEARANCE MERCHANDISE.
    This is how it should be. Once it's on Clearance, it's first come first served. Yer trying to get RID of the damn things at that point.

Damn Common Sense...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X