This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Complainer (swearing)

Me and the family went to a zoo today. While waiting to get our tickets, a woman with her grandson in front of us was causing a scene at the ticket booth.

"I am an OAP!" she yelled. "Why the bloody HELL have you charged me as a regular adult?!"

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry," the man in the booth said. "Hold on just a second, and I'll get it sorted for you."

"Yes, you will!" (Yes, that's what he said so why are you talking to him like he told you to go fuck yourself?)

At this point I was really getting my hair off with her. She was being so rude and there was no need for it. Anyway, it turns out that the man had charged her correctly. She was not happy with this and told him he was rude and that he was a liar. So, she pushed her way past me (not literally) and my family and read out the cost on the board.

"He bloody well HAS over-charged me!" she yelled. So she went over to the booth again.

"You HAVE overcharged me! Sort this out now!"

But he hadn't! The amount he was telling her she'd paid was exactly the same as what was posted on the board! I think, at this point, that she was just determined to find something to complain about. She was being so rude! Eventually, she backed down. The man in the ticket booth was VERY patient and nice and apologised, but she just ignored that. He asked her if she would like to make a small donation to the conservation of the zoo and she said, "I don't bloody think so!" and stormed off with her grandson in tow.

"You're being really rude!" I yelled to her. She whizzed round on the spot and marched up to me, telling me to mind my own bloody business, and then continued into the zoo.

At around 1pm, we stopped at the restaurant there and all had something to eat. About fifteen minutes later SHE sat down at one of the tables. Me and my mum went to the toilet some time after. When we returned, she'd got the manager of the restaurant to come over to the table, and she was yelling at him! Apparently, she service was bad, there was no one waiting to serve her at the food area (there was a small wait because the workers were busy), she was unhappy with the layout of the restaurant and she didn't like the other customers walking past her table. WTF?!

Anyway, we sat back down and finished our drinks. I turned around and could see her with her arms flailing about all over the place. The manager was writing things down on a clip board.

I just don't get people like this. I'd say she was fishing for a discount/freebies considering that she complained at the ticket booth AND the restaurant. Or maybe she just liked to complain and make people feel like shit. Her grandson was silent throughout both of the incidents, from what I could tell. I wonder if he will grow up to be like her?

Quoth Evannah View Post
    I'd say she was fishing for a discount/freebies considering that she complained at the ticket booth AND the restaurant. Or maybe she just liked to complain and make people feel like shit. Her grandson was silent throughout both of the incidents, from what I could tell. I wonder if he will grow up to be like her?
    He was probably horribly embarrassed by his tantrum-throwing granny (how old was the kid?). Hopefully he will chalk this up in the "what not to do" category and grow up to be patient and sensible.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      He was probably horribly embarrassed by his tantrum-throwing granny (how old was the kid?). Hopefully he will chalk this up in the "what not to do" category and grow up to be patient and sensible.
      He was about 11-12. He looked indifferent for the most part. I did feel sorry for him though. Maybe he was putting a brave face on.

Comment

OMG, I think you just encountered "Phyllis" from the PFB site!

NOTHING was ever good enough for that woman. She complained about everything, everywhere she went. WTH she didn't just stay home...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

and then continued into the zoo...
          ...which is exactly where she belonged!
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Meanwhile, the zoo staff are all daydreaming about hoisting her into an exhibit of her own, or feeding her to the lions...
            Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              ...which is exactly where she belonged!
              I couldn't agree more! What a horrible day out for her poor grandson

Comment

Quoth Latekin View Post
                feeding her to the lions...
                Poor cats, what did they do to deserve that?
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

she'd probably complain that the lions were eating her too fast, and demand to see their supervisor.
                  Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Or, he'll grow up to be just like her.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X