This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
    During that 15-day period, PennDOT utilizes state-of-the-art facial recognition technology, FaceEXPLORER, to validate the individual’s photograph does not match another photograph in our database under a different name(s).
    Has PennDOT ever heard about identical twins?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Vermont mails gives temporary licenses now and mails the actual one to the address you give in order to prove that you live where you say you live. Licenses used to be given at the DMV except for enhanced licenses in the past.

Comment

I'm in Wisconsin, and IIRC when my license came up for renewal I did get the new one on the spot.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          I'm in Wisconsin, and IIRC when my license came up for renewal I did get the new one on the spot.
          That's changed recently(like 2013 recently), as the lovely governor gave a friend's company in California a nice contract to print all WI id cards/licenses , so it's now a 2 week wait, and more expensive, renewal is now $34.

from WI DOT website:
          You should receive your new WI driver’s license in the mail within 10 business days. The Wisconsin DMV will issue you a temporary license which is valid for 45 days, to use until you receive your new card.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

For the past week the comic strip Dustin has been doing a feature on visiting the DMV.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              The locations in NM (at least the ones I'd been to) could print the card right then and there.
              Thanks to Bill Richardson, not anymore we can't. Which was really helpful when I last got my license renewed and my new one went wandering and didn't get to me until well after the temp expired. When I called Santa Fe to see what to do if I got pulled over, they said, "Hope they let you off with a warning."

You can now renew your license online, providing that the one you have was done at an actual MVD office, not an express.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X