This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Parking is reserved; female customer here to see advising

There were only 3 non-reserved spots available, & they were full by 7:30 a.m. The main offices such as advising, admissions, ect. open at 8 a.m. "Nancy" from the parking office calls me to make sure that I checked the Outlook calendar for all of the reserved spots. That told me not to call the parking office for anyone not on the event list.

The big white sign stating Visitor Parking is closed for a special event is between the 2 gates at the booth.

Female customer arrives after 8 a.m. when I have no non-reserved spots.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    female customer: "I am here to see advising."
    me: "I'm so sorry. I understand you are here to see an adviser, but the big white sign states the Visitor parking is closed for a special event, & I am only allowed to go by what is on the sign."
    female customer: "Even if you are here to take a test?"
    me: "I'm sorry, but that sign applies to everyone not on the event list."
    female customer: "But I was told by advising I could park here"
    me: "I'm sorry, but I am not allowed to override that sign"
    female: "So where do I park at?"
    me: "There are many parking lots around the campus to park at." I list every parking lot I know.

She looks annoyed, but she asks me if she can turn around. She exits.

Then she returns several minutes later.

female customer: "I called advising, & they said they are accepting students."
    me: *that's fine; they can tell anyone anything they want, but the sign still states Visitor Parking is closed for a special event. Personally, if I saw that sign, I would not ask for an exception. But that is me*
    "I'm sorry, I understand that, but I am prohibited from overruling that sign."

She has some dollars in her hand, & she asks me if I can give her change. Since I do not get change to make change, I tell her I do not have any change. She then asks me where she can park. I tell her again "there are many parking lots around the campus to park at", & I list every parking lot I know.

She finally leaves.
Working...
X