This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shoes

So, I've been wanting to get new shoes for about a year, now.

However, it became rather more urgent just last month as the heel portion of the right shoe came loose, flapping against the shoe every time I took a step. I stopped it from being annoying by the judicious application of some packing tape, but it was only a temporary fix and wasn't going to hold up in the long term.

Alas, I did not keep the offending shoes, so I cannot show you how banged up they really are.

I had actually gone with Nekojin to get new shoes a couple of weeks back, but the shop didn't have any of the shoes I wanted in my size, so I went home without. Nekojin, whose shoes were in even worse shape, found a lovely pair of work shoes in his size in the clearance section, however, and walked out much happier.

So, this was take two. I had mapped the locations of three different shops to visit while we were making our Costco run, and the first stop ended up as the only stop. My top choice didn't have any in my size, which made me sad. However, my second choice, which was very similar, only with slightly less pink on it, did have some in my size, so I was a happy Andara.

They're not quite as shiny as the flash makes them look... they're more a matte black.

However, prior to heading to the shoe aisle, I had taken a quick detour over to scope out the boots. I'd been of a mind to pick up some ankle boots for a while, and wanted a shoe that was a little dressier than my Nikes.

I fell in love with a cute pair of boots that I decided I had to have. So I bought them, too.

All in all, a good trip.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

I like the boots. And I can tell you shop at Target.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, the boots are awesome. There was no way I was leaving without them.

I actually wore them to work today, so I could show them off and ended up doing a lot of running around the office (a lot for me, anyway, as I've gone entire days without leaving my desk except to clock out and back for lunch), and they were as comfortable at the end of the day as at the start. I think I'm going to be wearing them a lot more than I anticipated.

And, anyone who can recognize from that pic that I shop at Target is likely also a Target shopper.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Tiny shoes! Tiny shoes! Did you get me my tiny shoes, Papa? I need my tiny shoes! Tiny shoes! Tiny shoes! Where are my tiny shoes? Tiny shoes! Tiny shoes! I want tiny shoes! Tiny shoes! Tiny shoes! Tiny shoes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_dz...feature=relmfu

*ducks in case Andara starts throwing shoes*

Comment

... I think eggs would be more appropriate... >_>

^-.-^

Comment

I was just going to say, I have that same lotion in my bathroom!

Nice-looking sneakers. I need a new pair too, my current ones are only a year old and already look awful and the heel padding is beginning to come off. I see blisters in my future soon.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yeah. My first choice had a bit more in the way of pink, and less silver (which I'm not entirely pleased with), but these were close enough for me to be happy.

And what kind of shoes do you have that are coming apart after a year? I spent most of two years busing to work in my last pair, which was about a mile of walking each way, and they still made it past the 5-year mark.

^-.-^

Comment

"New Shoes!" /Leo Johnson

Comment

Steve Martin's The Cruel Shoes.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTrJSWnqdk

Comment

Hear you got some new shoes
                    Swell and bold and shine
                    ... You'll be pleased to hear I've still got mine
                    Something else I got is a dog that why-why-whines.

[with apologies to Duster Bennett]
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                    X