This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-Time Special Snowflake

You know how everyone here has complained about seeing terribly-behaved children in public and their useless parents who want to make excuses for their special snowflakes? And then we all talk about how our parents never let us get away with anything and everyone we knew was much better-behaved in the olden days?

Well, I have found evidence that this sort of awful parent was around at least as far back as the 1960's.

Working out at the Y, someone had set the TV by the treadmills to The Andy Griffith Show. The episode was about a new family who came to town. The family's son told Opie he got a much bigger allowance and didn't have to do anything to earn it. Barney caught the boy riding his bike on the sidewalk and warned him, and when he was caught doing it again Andy and Barney impounded the kid's bike for a week. The kid threw a huge tantrum and his father came to the station to see Andy, saying how harsh he was being and how sensitive his son was and boys are boys etc while the kid cried and howled. Andy said that since the father was responsible for the son, he'd give the kid his bike back if the dad agreed to stay in jail for a week. He gave the kid the choice, and the kid chose for his dad to go to jail so he wouldn't have to lose his bike for a week. This woke up the father, who took his son to a convenient, isolated woodshed behind the station. Of course Opie saw everything and realized his dad's way of raising him was the best.

These special snowflakes have always been around, probably since the first Cro-Magnons started popping out kids.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Most definitely, the Speshul Snowflake has always been with us. They may be more visible now, or more numerous, or perhaps people are just more prone to acknowledge that they exist, but I've heard stories from my grandfather (whose two siblings were a Precious Pair in their own right) about both his siblings and other people's kids that would certainly qualify them. And no doubt, as you say, if you could go back to Cro-Magnon days we'd see them as well.

Comment

convenient, isolated woodshed behind the station.
      Indeed there are some very entitled snowflakes i think could have benefitted from some tougher love as children.

Comment

Working...
      X