This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, yes I do have anal bronchitis

First off... if I know a regular customer has a good sense of humor, I can get pretty abrasive when I greet them. I reserve this only for our very regular, younger customers though.

Instead of a "Hey, how are you today?", I grunt something like "What do you want this time?" and stare at them. Then start laughing, which usually gets a good laugh out of them.

Well, today I took it a bit further with one guy who's in the store daily. And he unintentionally took it even further than I meant to. Usually, while I can be abusive when greeting a regular, I don't cuss. Today there was nobody else in earshot, so...

He walks up... I grunt out "What the fuck do you want now, didn't you get enough shit earlier?". He starts laughing and gives me a high five. We start BSing and he asks where I've been, he hasn't seen me at work lately....

me: "I've been out sick for the past 2 weeks.. bronchitis"
    him: "Do you get anal bronchitis?"
    me: "........................................ huh?"
    girl with him: "what did you just say?"
    him: "what, anal bronchitis! I have a few friends who get it!"
    girl: "do you realize you're saying ANAL?"
    him: "I MEANT ANNUAL OMG DID I SAY ANAL?!"
    girl, to me: "I'm a speech therapist, I swear I'm not dating him! Really!"
    me: "You know, he's the first customer that's ever made me blush, and I've been in retail for over 10 years... but uhm no, I don't get anal bronchitis... or annual."

Is that an illness you get by spending too much time talking out your ass?
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

He should probably get those bronchial tubes tied.
      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
        Is that an illness you get by spending too much time talking out your ass?
        The bronchitis is bad, but it's the coughing that really causes problems.

Comment

LOL I thought this thread would be about the aftereffects of beans from the title.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Considering I have never heard of "annual" bronchitis, only "chronic", I would think your customer might have a few ideas about the speech therapist girl. Or maybe I just have a gutter mind.
            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
              The bronchitis is bad, but it's the coughing that really causes problems.
              And PLEASE cover your...mouth...when you cough!
              P*S

Comment

ya, you don't want to cough up anything nasty...

Comment

Working...
                X