This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an observation....

items in the house that are likely to yield anything close to practical nutritional value, it’s time to go grocery shopping. (i.e. unless I plan on boiling the carpet to make soup, I’ve got nothing for dinner before work)

I don’t remember what I was thinking about on the drive to the store, but in any event, I happened to be second in line at a traffic light. A purple Chevy Cobalt with New Jersey plates was directly in front of me. Hmmm… Déjà vu….

Wait a sec, that was the last car I towed on my shift that very morning. Towed it out of West Side Apartments for not having a permit. I’m sure of it, same color, same plate, same pattern of scratches and dents, same bumpersticker, yep, it’s him.

I find myself musing at what a small world it is. As what are the chances that I end up behind the very car I towed this very morning?

Furthermore, how fascinating that the guy behind the wheel of said car, who probably isn’t exactly happy he got towed, has no idea that the ordinary-looking car behind him at that very light contains the person responsible for him getting towed in the first place? It’s not the first time I’ve run into one of my victims later in my civilian role. Makes me get a weird vibe on the inside whenever it happens. By day, I’m a normal law-abiding citizen, but by night, I’m Tow Truck Driver, a stealthy wraith-like being with the power to make your car disappear forever. Muh ha ha ha ha ha haaaa! Is this how it would feel to be a vampire trying to hide your dual nature from people? “Hey, that’s the guy who’s girlfriend I sucked dry the other night! Man, wish I could apologize for that, he totally crapped his pants. Well, he asked for it. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but who in their right mind goes walking with their date in the woods at night?”

Like, does Peter Parker ever end up in line behind someone in an overstuffed trenchcoat at a Starbucks, realize it’s Doctor Octopus, and just smile a bit on the inside about how he’s got no clue who’s behind him either? Or perhaps groan a bit because once again an unrepentant psychopathic megalomaniac has escaped from that alleged high-security containment unit that, while supposedly built with the sole purpose of keeping people with indestructible titanium exoskeletons from annoying the public, has yet again failed to be any more of an obstacle to villainy than a stern letter to the editor, or a bowl of chocolate pudding? And now Peter’s mentally clearing his personal schedule and trying to think in advance of several convincing excuses to duck out of his classes, ditch his friends, and cancel his date because he knows that he’ll be spending this Friday night subduing Doc Ock and putting him back in that wet cardboard box they call a prison around here? I mean, that’s what I’d do in his situation.

Then again, it means he can sell some more pictures of Spider-Man and make money in the near future too, so it’s not so bad as much as just frustrating proof that people have a serious aversion to learning simple cause-and-effect dynamics. Like how illegal parking gets you towed, winners don’t use drugs, The Detroit Lions stink no matter who they draft, grass grows, sun shines, birds fly, and brudda’, I hurt people.

Anyway, the light turns green, and the Cobalt hooks a left heading up a side street.

“Hmm” I think “The only thing back that street that someone from out-of-town would go to is Norwalk Apartments, I’ll bet he parks there, without a permit”

So after dinner, when I clock into work, I go up to Norwalk Apartments.

And tow out one purple Chevy Cobalt bearing a New Jersey license plate for having no permit.

When will you evil-doers learn you can’t get away with it?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Yeah

These things do happen...its like when i as a doorman have to throw someone out when they are drunk and then they walk past you in the supermarket and dont know you from Adam.
    We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

The same thing happens to me sometimes. I'd be walking around the store on my break, unvested and all, and I'd see a customer up at the key desk.

C: Customer. (Non-sucky. That's a first.)
      W: Co-worker.
      Me: Me.

C: Where is that young person.
      W: Who, I'm sorry?
      C: That young person that always makes my keys.
      W: There are a few young people here, ma'am.
      C: The person has an <article of clothing> and <a kind of hair style> and is always so polite and enthusiastic.
      W: Oh! You must mean ShadowTiger. Why there ShadowTiger is right now. *Points to me*
      Me: *Waves 'n smiles* Hi! How have you been? Thank you Co-worker.
      C: No, no, ShadowTiger always wears a vest on like what you have.
      W: Well, yes, when ShadowTiger isn't on a break.

So I rush over and put on my vest, which I keep by the key counter, hidden well beneath the desk.

C: Oh there you are. They just tried to pass you off as someone else.
      Me: ... ... *eeerk* ... *head explode*
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Ill tell you a story my dad told me while we were at a mens shop because they sent a coupon or had a gift card expiring not important. But there this big guy also shopping while we were paying, my dad turns to me and says something along the line of, I hope you have your phone to call me some backup if this guy remembers me and gets pissed I knew I should have brought my gun.

We leave, guy pays no attention to my dad or at least doesn't want to acknowledge him. Because turns out he has already lost 2 fights.

Incident 1
        Gets pulled over, no license tries to fight loses. Goes to jail.

Incident 2
        gets pulled over, recognized my dad from before and said "You caught me by surprise last time Im gonna kick your ass now". he also had a buddy with him. Well, in a 2 on 1 it turns out cops don't fight fair, someone got hit in sensitive area can't remember which guy but bought lost that fight too. Ends up in jail.

Incident 3
        (apparently he can't drive for shit)
        My dad sees him and asks if this is gonna be round 3. Apparently the guy informs him he got 6months extra for the last incident and doesn't want to get his ass kicked again. so he quietly took the ticket or arrested because he might have been under suspension either way it was peaceful.

So people do learn some things eventually, if you teach them hard enough. Although, Argabarga towing his car once a day, where is someone from out of town supposed to park?
        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          (i.e. unless I plan on boiling the carpet to make soup, I’ve got nothing for dinner before work)

Hey, Carpet is high in Fiber!
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
            where is someone from out of town supposed to park?
            BOth places he got towed from will give you a visitor pass if you talk to thier offices, but, like most people who get towed, he was too lazy or not observant enough to follow the rules, he just showed up and parked.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I've had it happen the other way around - someone I know socially becomes my TA or student. It's a rather awkward experience.

Comment

My observation is that this must happen way too often for the musings that you have posted.

I'm just glad that I'm usually tucked up into bed safely at 3 AM. You sorta scare me.
                Make a list of important things to do today.
                At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  Or perhaps groan a bit because once again an unrepentant psychopathic megalomaniac has escaped from that alleged high-security containment unit that, while supposedly built with the sole purpose of keeping people with indestructible titanium exoskeletons from annoying the public, has yet again failed to be any more of an obstacle to villainy than a stern letter to the editor, or a bowl of chocolate pudding?
                  I finally quit reading superhero comics when I realized this was the standard story line. Quit reading comics for years. Then walked into a comic shop, found GloomCookie and got hooked.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                  X