This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info about the job!

Like many of us, I am job hunting. I send out cover letter, resumes, and apps to any position I might be remotely qualified for. Most I never hear back from -- I do appreciate getting an email that says, "Thanks but no thanks."

Anyway, I got an email from a job I applied for. It was not a job I thought I'd get, so I was not surprised to see it was a rejection letter. However, what killed me is what it said:

"We thank you for your interest in our XXXXXXXXXXX position. The search committee has met and phone interviewed twelve individuals who exceeded the qualifications of the position. Of the twelve, six have been chosen for in person interviews.

Thank you for your interest in XXXXXXXX. We wish you success in your future."

Um, thanks for letting me know you interviewed a bunch of people and that I wasn't one of them.

Yeah, that sucks, but over here it's a common practice to mention in a "no thanks mail" how many applications they received, how many applicants got selected for interviews, which criterias were used for the selection etc.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I got one that basically said " We didn't realize how many people would actually apply for this position.. so it may take us a while to talk to you"

Comment

At least they sent you something. The biggest complaint most people have is applying and never hearing anything, especially after an interview.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          At least they sent you something. The biggest complaint most people have is applying and never hearing anything, especially after an interview.
          Biggest. Peeve. EVER.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I got a few more "Thanks, but no thanks" emails recently -- it sucks, but yeah, it's nice to hear something. Just, no other email I've received included the "we interviewed people, but not you" part.

Oh well.

Comment

Working...
            X