This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday morning was fun

According to "Andrea", the Director of Parking & Transportation, Visitor Parking was reserved for an event sponsored by the President's office Thursday morning. The big white sign stating Visitor Parking is closed for a special event is blocking the entrace to the garage. The other side of the sign states Visitor Parking $5.00 per entry. "Andrea" had this sign made *this information is important*.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=60820

Wedneday nights reserved event:

The top level of the faculty/staff garage was blocked off for the valet drivers who would be dropping off the guests to the President's office reserved event. The faculty/staff parking permit used to park here costs more than the parking permit used to park on the lower levels *this information is important*. Students wanting to park in Visitor Parking Wednesday night were given slips of paper with the access code used to park in the garage next to the college of business. There was no charge to park there *this information is important*. I was told around 200 guests would be arriving for the event.

Thursday morning:

Around 8 a.m. I noticed several cars exiting the faculty/staff garage. A staff member pulled up to the booth window & said "why is the top level of the faculty/staff garage blocked off? I have a parking permit to park there, but I cannot do that since it is blocked off, & I paid xx amount to park there this semester." So I pick up the phone to call the parking office, but I see her calling them on her cell phone. She told "Missy", who works in the parking office, her full name & what dept. she works in, & then she said "1) I have a parking permit to park on the top level of the faculty/staff garage, 2) why is it blocked off?, 3) traffice is backed up out here, 4) I need to park in Visitor parking, 5) you need to let me park there *it was still reserved at that point*, 6) you need to tell the attendant that I can park there, 7) will you do that?, & 8) you need to tell "Andrea" about this. Then she hands me her cell phone. "Missy" tells me to let her in the garage so I can keep the line of traffic moving. She is supposed to exit & then enter the staff garage since she will go to the top level & remove the cones that are blocking the parking spots. I tell her this, & I tell the other staff members what "Missy" said. The other staff members make a u-turn & enter the faculty/staff garage again. Then a couple of minutes later *there still was a line of traffice at the booth* a student arrived & she complained about not being able to park in Visitor parking Tuesday night and Wednesday night. She said "1) it is not fair for the parking office to inconvenience the night school students for 2 nights in a row & 2) I know it is not your fault, but you need to complain to them about that, & you need to argue with them about that." So I said "I wish I could help you, & I understand you are frustrated & upset, but you need to complain to them yourself." Then she said "you need to argue with them about that." I am not about to argue with the client, the Parking office, about anything. So I said "I am afraid my employer does not want me to go through the client." She left. I told my co-worker about this when she got to work, & she told me she gave every student wanting to park in Visitor Parking Wednesday night the access code to park in the garage next to the college of business.

Then around 8:30 a.m. "Missy" calls me to let me know that only 10 spots are needed for the President's office reserved event since it is being held at a different location. So I move the sign away from the entrance gate, & I place it in front of the sign stating Visitor parking $5.00 per vehicle with the other side of the sign (stating Visitor parking $5.00 per entry) facing the Visitor parking booth.

Then around 9 a.m. "Andrea" calls me to ask if "Missy" called me to let me know to only reserve 10 spots for the President's office event. I said yes. Then she says in a condescending tone of voice "you need to bring that sign inside the booth." So I do that.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-12-2010, 11:48 PM.

I swear I get headaches every single time I read your stories. I sure don't blame the faculty for getting pissed about losing parking they've already bade a hefty sum for.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      I swear I get headaches every single time I read your stories. I sure don't blame the faculty for getting pissed about losing parking they've already bade a hefty sum for.
      I was worn out when I got home Friday after work since Visitor was reserved all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday, for a short time Thursday, & all day Friday. I was very happy when it was time to go home Friday. I treated myself to some treats from Starbucks on the way home from work.

Comment

Working...
      X