This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcyclists are not allowed to park in Visitor Parking

According to "Mike", the Parking enforcement guy at the university I work at as a contract parking attendant, "Andrea", the Director of Parking & Transportation, does not want motorcyclists to park in Visitor parking.

This week is spring break. The university is open for business even though there are no classes, & so I have to work. I noticed a motorcycle parked in Visitor parking when I got to work this morning. "Mike" drove up to the Visitor parking booth window after exiting the faculty/staff garage & asked me if I let the motorcyclist park in Visitor parking. Apparently he saw the motorcycle parked in that garage. I told him that particular motorcycle was already parked in Visitor parking when I got to work.

He told me that according to "Andrea" motorcyclists are not allowed to park in Visitor parking. He told me she had him give a motorcyclists who parked in Visitor parking yesterday a parking ticket. Her reason: the motorcyclist was parked in a spot that should only be used for a car. So I said "motorcyclists can park in the faculty/staff garage, but they need a university parking permit to do so. Not every motorcyclist has a university parking permit. So where do they park?" He agreed with me & said he normally would speak to "Andrea" about this, but she speaks in a condescending manner. So he suggested that I contact "Nancy", who also works in the Parking office, instead even though she would probably give me a different answer.

He told me he would not ticket the mototcyclist who already parked in Visitor parking.

The next time a motorcyclist pulls up to the Visitor parking booth, I will ask the driver if he/she has a university parking permit. If not, I will call the Parking office to find out exactly where the motorcyclist can park.

so why can't motorcyclists park there, in a space used by a car? They are just as much of a vehicle...I'm confused
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
      so why can't motorcyclists park there, in a space used by a car? They are just as much of a vehicle...I'm confused
      Does not make any sense to me either

Comment

Perhaps "Andrea" had her heart broken by a biker?

Comment

Oooo, slippery slope there, unless it's posted, and since parking is for motor vehicles, which anything with a license plate is. I do not think this is legal. If the motorcycle rider were in a car, they'd STILL be taking-up a space! Yep, much illegalz here.

Now you've reminded me that with summer coming-up, I'm going to have loads of motorcycle and scooter-riding entitlement whores parking their bikes on our sidewalks because they're too cool to use parking spaces; which they legally have to do and in our mall rules it states all motor vehicles must use designated parking spaces.

If it has a plate, it goes in a parking space!!! All it will take will be for one small kid to climb-up on someone's motorcycle that they parked next to an entrance and knock it over and then fists will be flying!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
          X