Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who chose the second option, be careful what you wish for. You might not get a chance to relax in that hammock because you're shovelling snow all year.

Jester, during "Cheap Tipper Season", what's the bag limit?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

If by "bag limit" you mean "douchebag limit," there appears to be none. Apparently they are unlimited.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        If by "bag limit" you mean "douchebag limit," there appears to be none. Apparently they are unlimited.
        No, I meant it in the hunting sense of the word (hence the "devil" smilie). I'm sure a lot of bartenders and waitstaff would be ecstatic if there were no bag limit.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It works either way, really.

After all, he did say that there is an unlimited supply...

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

They're not all that distinct here...

We basically have Spring for about a month, then 6-8 months of Summer (sometimes we get it the way it is now, with highs randomly vacillating from 70 to 89 in freaking November), followed by January & February, then it starts all over again. No changing of the leaves, the trees are either green or dead (or Evergreen). Always the nice high humidity, tho ^_^ I wanna say 85% is average, year round. When you hear those tales of people's hair just goign "floomp" the second they get off of a plane upon arrival here...? Not a joke. Makes the "Winter" cold cut right through out heavy jackets, too. OK, OK, most people call them windbreakers

The one odd note is -- pre-Katrina: during "standard summer", some part of the city would ALWAYS get a brief rainshower, every day, like clockwork. Since then, we had a near-drought for a year, and the afternoon rains are far less frequent (remember, 90% of the trees in many areas just ain't there anymore, whether it was due to winds or to water poisoned by nasty things blown in by said wind, tho they're recovering)

My Japanese teacher back in college did remark that "Back home, we actually have FOUR seasons! o_O"
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Divra View Post
              I don't like winter. Spring is great, summer's awesome as long as no-one turns up the heat too far, autumn's okay. Winter however...

It's not the cold that gets me, though. What I hate is the dark. 6 hours between sunrise and sunset do not constitute a day.

This! The lack of light because of the short days drives me crazy. Although in my case it's the cold also and the constant fucking rain/drizzle crap we get here.

I'm sick of "seasons". they are overrated. I could use mild warm temperate climates all year long now thanks
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm sick of all the snow in the Northern Wastes. For some weird reason (extremely weird indeed) we haven't had any snowfall that stuck so far (in the year-end, of course. Had more than enough in the beginning of the year).
                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
                X