This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got hit by a car

Actually got pushed by a car in the cross walk. Some fuckin' prick wasn't looking that I had the right of way and he bumped me! People need to open their damned eyes I swear! I wasn't hurt as I didn't fall but seriously come on!!! *I know he apologized and all. I told him he needs to go back to traffic school if he drives like that and walked off. He drove away. I m not gonna let my family know because I wasn't hurt and I really don't need no more crap right now.

I'm not sure if it would qualify as actually being hit or not...

I'm cursed I tell you!!!!
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

I nearly go through this almost everyday as I walk to work. Either the drivers don't look properly where they are going, or they are so eager to get going that they inch toward you until you've finally crossed (How dare we cross at a normal pace, without running?)!

I'm glad you're not hurt!

Comment

Thanks me too! I called him a stupid fuck! All he did was look one way! When you are making a turn at an intersection I believe the law says look both ways. And I don't even drive and I know this!
      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Glad you're okay. There are a lot of drivers who don't watch where they're going.

I nearly had that happen to me once while crossing the street (I had the right of way and this guy was turning into the lane). I stopped, he stopped, I rolled my eyes, and he yelled, "OK, so I didn't see you, but that don't meant I'm stupid!"

I wanted, very badly, to yell back, "Then why didn't you see me OR the light that was in my favor?" but I didn't know what he might do, so I just kept walking.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
          Thanks me too! I called him a stupid fuck! All he did was look one way! When you are making a turn at an intersection I believe the law says look both ways. And I don't even drive and I know this!
          I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the back of someone's head when they pulled out in front of me. Good thing I've got decent brakes. People - if you cut me off (even if you're driving a "land yacht"), and I can't stop in time to avoid a collision, I'll be walking away from the wreck - you won't. Don't think your side impact beams will help - the frame rails on the Peterbilt of Natural Selection are in the "greenhouse" area of a normal car, and running bobtail it weighs 10 tons.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            ... and running bobtail it weighs 10 tons.
            ... and a COE rig will do a faceplant right on top of you.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It's frightening, almost deathly frightening, how many people only look one way before turning. I can't tell you how many people nearly clip me and their dumb head is looking the other way.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I walk to work regularly. People who are turning right at this one intersection do not seem to think they need to stop when pedestrians have the walk signal and were in the intersection before they got there. It is really annoying when I have to jump out of the way of moving cars.

I also find it really obnoxious when pedestrians cross against the light at the same intersection. One of these days some I am afraid I am going to see some idiot get run over.

I don't care if you are driving or walking leave a few minutes earlier and watch where the hell you are going.

I have debated calling the police non-emergency number on my day off and letting the police department know they could probably make some quick money writing tickets at this intersection during the tail end of morning or evening rush hour.

Comment

There's an intersection next to work where I've almost become a road pizza too many times to count. It's so bad, they even added a "HUGE" sign reminding drivers to yield to pedestrians, but of course the only drivers who would ever notice the sign would be the ones paying attention in the first place, so it hasn't really helped.

Once it was Halloween, and it was broad daylight, and I was walking to work with these HUGE fairy wings on, and an SUV still almost ran me down at that intersection.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

in one of the big cities here my bf and i were walking with the "walk" light. car on our right had a green and started to make their left-hand-turn right into us...

well until the cop behind them gave them a warning chirp from the sirens.

but the worst was in hawaii on the pearl harbor base. speed limit 25, crosswalk... cars would barrel through at 35 cos they were in a hurry. if you tried crossing without making sure they stopped first you'd be squished.

Comment

Working...
                    X