Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did You Expect? (sorta long; sorta happy ending)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did You Expect? (sorta long; sorta happy ending)

We had a guy call in an order a sausage pizza using our 16" one item pizza specail. Easy enough. I get off the phone, get the pizza made, get it out the door and about a half hour later he calls back.
    The following conversation ensues:

(note, the guy wasn't really sucky, just a bit clueless and somewhat nice)

ME: Hi, pizza place can I help you.
    SC: Yeah did you guys change something about what you do there? I mean are you under new management or something?
    ME: Uh, no.
    SC: Well I just got my pizza and I gotta tell you, it's really disappointing.
    ME: What seems to be the problem?
    SC: I ordered a sausage pizza and there's hardly anything on it. I don't really feel like I should have to pay for this.

Now I had topped the pizza myself. We pride ourselves in loading on the toppings without going into overkill.

ME: Well you know, sometimes the sausage can get buried under the cheese.
    SC: No, I used to walk over to your store when I lived across the street, and something has definitely changed with you guys. I'm looking at the pizza now. And it's not up to the standards I would expect.
    ME: I'm sorry to hear that, sir. But I can assure you that we've made no changes in how we prepare our pizzas. In fact, aside from myself the owner is here as well and we've both worked here a long time.

He continued on about how he felt he shouldn't have to pay, how he's been our customer for quite some time, how skimpy the pizza looked and then:

SC: Yeah, I would come over and my pizza would be loaded up with green peppers, onions, mushrooms...
    ME: Excuse me?
    SC: I just don't know about this.
    ME: You ordered a sausage pizza on our one item phone in special.
    SC: Yeah.
    ME: You didn't order any of that other stuff.
    SC: ....
    ME (trying not to sound sarcastic) See if you wanted any of the other stuff, you have to ORDER it.
    SC: Oh...OH!!!! (the light goes off) I see what you're saying.
    ME: I made exactly what you asked me to make for you.
    SC: No, you're right. My bad. Dude, I'm sorry.
    ME: No problem. Enjoy your pizza.

And the owner and I had a good chuckle. He was sitting at the phone desk the whole time.
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Wow, just wow.

Normally I don't bother commenting on how stupid people are, because 90% of people are just place holders, consuming resources and waiting to die.

The level of stupidity normally doesn't phaze me.

But damn, this just takes the cake. When you say something profoundly stupid, and have to have it pointed out to you that you are stupid and are then apologetic/grateful for being shown how stupid you are.....

Wow.

Comment

Damn, that was dumb. Seriously.

But hey: at least he apologized for his mistake. That leaves hope for improvement.
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Sounds like brainfart to me. So used to buying the many he forgot he bought the one.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

I love a happy ending.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

The munchees often coincide with massive brain cell loss.
            I will never go to school!

Comment

Airhead moment? Think if I blew into his ear we'll get a deep, hollow sound?
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Darn it! Now I want pizza!

But yeah, that has to be a brain dead moment if I've ever heard one.

Comment

I want a pizza, too, now.

That was funny.
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

damn, i should know by now not to read the food related threads during my night audit shift... now I have to wait at least 12 hours before I can reasonably order pizza...

and an SC admitting they were wrong... can you send him my way... i'd like to introduce him to some of my callers.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Ebony, you are my new hero!
                      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Sounds like a brain-derailment to me. I've done that before ... totally forgot what I did and then came off looking a bit dumb. We all do it.

The way you tell that this guy isn't a total idiot or an SC is that he apologized in the end.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Hmm...I would've advised him to step away from the bong next time.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Some people.

Well, at least it ended up well.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X