This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexing our members...

Just pondering after a small discussion in another thread,is it possible to have some sort of way to indicate what gender a poster is?Some people are easy to tell from their username-others not so.On some occasions,it may be useful to know.I did suggest it 2 years ago,but nothing was discussed or happened from it...
    Suggestions-good idea? bad idea?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Make it optional, IMO. There are those who don't consider the usual male/female to fit or those who keep such info private online.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'd like that option. Everyone always thinks I'm a man, when in actual fact, I'm a woman. O_o
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        I'd like that option. Everyone always thinks I'm a man, when in actual fact, I'm a woman. O_o
        It's the Neil. I do know now that you are female, but it took me a while.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Not everyone. I picked up real quick that you were a woman, from both "Lace" and the anime Winchester gif for your avatar.

Also, how have we had a thread titled "Sexing our members" and not had Sheldonrs show up yet?
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My username is a Metal Sludge name; "Lace" refers to Ace Frehley, "Neil" to Vince Neil and "Singer" to Eric Singer. I came up with it ages ago cuz I didn't want to use my real name online. Plus, this one is better. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

"On the internet, no one knows you're a dog."

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog."
                Family Guy?
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Frankly, there are a couple of other sites where I use a different name that people tend to assume is male, because then I get fewer insulting remarks directed at me. People have better manners here
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We're looking into what sort of arcane wizardry we need to get this done to the board. It may not be anytime soon, so please bear with us. It will, of course, be opt-in, and we would like to remind everyone of our standard caveat -- this falls under personal info, so make it public at your own discretion and risk.
                    Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    People have better manners here
                    *cracks knuckles* Damn straight.
                    Last edited by EricKei; 12-18-2015, 12:33 AM.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I am actually an alien from the planet Zod.
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        ...*cracks knuckles* Damn straight.
                        ...having had "The Knuckles" cracked on my head a few times...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                          I am actually an alien from the planet Zod.
                          Are we expected to genuflect before your homeworld?
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Family Guy?
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the...u're_a_dog

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Are we expected to genuflect before your homeworld?
                              Ha ha ha ha ha!!
                              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                              X