This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But we give better service than Morrisons

So, I used to work in this Hell-hole of a petrol station called Supermart (it was a Petrol station, owned by a company called Bond Hamill who put convenience stores on the side of petrol stations and branded them “Supermart”) and the automatic carwash we had was, lets say “Unreliable” Read: it never seemed to stay working for a whole shift.

Now, the day in question was actually a good day. It was sunny, the sun was blazing in through the windows, I had the air conditioning on while I just ran though my usual day-to-day tasks. I was working with another guy, Sohaib (“Snypa”) and it was a quiet shift. So quiet, we weren’t even talking much, just listening to some DJ Sammy and dancing a little as we did our stuff.

Here’s where the story begins. A customer comes up in a bright green VW Beetle (the new kind) Now, she’s just another customer, nothing special.

SC: Sucky Customer
    S: Snypa
    Me

She’s fumbleing around a bit, trying to find her purse. I go back to what I’m doing. Either the Beepers for the pump will call my attention back to her, or the door bleeper will. Next thing I hear is “CLACK! DA-NANANANA!” as she walks in, so I look up

Me: Hiya. How can I help?
    SC: Hi. What choices do you have for your car wash?
    Me: we have 99p which is just a basic wash & rinse, 1.99 which is wash, rinse wheels and foam or 2.99 which is wash, rinse, wheels, foam wax & blow dry
    SC: Oh, I’ll have the top one then, Please
    Me: Ok, but please bear in mind, your car is an odd shape. The machine can sometimes struggle with cars like yours
    SC: Oh, not to worry. I’m sure it’ll be fine *Hands over a five pound note*
    Me: Ok. *Presses a few buttons on the till, gives her change back and a wash token* Put the token in the machine, press start, drive slowly forward until the lights say stop. Put your hand break on and switch off the engine
    SC: Ok. Thank you. *She walks out and goes into the car wash*

Now, from the till, we have a perfect view of the carwash, and I had nothing better to do so I sat there and watched the car wash machine as it washed her car. It didn’t have any problem doing so. Really, the only time they have trouble is with Smart cars. She Started the car again and drove out, towards the Mosley Road exit. I go back to what I’m doing just as Snypa comes out of the stockroom with armloads of boxes.

Next thing I hear; “CLACK! DA-NANANANA!” and something hitting the counter, hard. I look up, it’s the last customer, who has slammed her keys on the counter and she looked PISSED

Me: Can I help?
    SC: I want to complain. I want my money back! I just paid three pounds for that car wash and it didn’t use foam NOR did it even touch the car
    Me: It did use foam, I saw it from here.
    SC: No it didn’t!
    Me: Yes it did, I saw it with my own eyes. We have cameras if you would like to review the tapes
    SC: Well, it still didn’t clean the car
    Me: Ok, let me see. SNYPA? Watch the till for a minute, please?
    S: Fine
    Me: *Grabs a new car wash token and heads out*

I looked at the car, I tell you, I could not have got it cleaner washing it by hand

Me: Looks fine to me, but if there is a problem, I grabbed another token
    SC: Fine! We’ll put it through again. Then you can refund me my money when it doesn’t watch the car AGAIN
    Me: *Rolls my eyes*

Anyway, I put the card in the machine, pressed start and motioned her forwards. She stopped when the lights told her to and the machine whirred back into life. I stood there watching this time, and I heard the unmistakeable sound of the brushes against the cars bodywork. Looking at them, they were probably pushed harder against her car than it ever would have done mine. The program finished, the dryer came down and blew the car dry. I stood there, enjoying the breeze. Once that had finished and the machine started to zero-back I walked back to the shop, happy that the machine had done it’s job.

No sooner I got back in the shop I heard her storm in behind me

SC: IT’S STILL NOT DRY! The dryer didn’t dry the car properly
    Me: Miss, that dryer doesn’t heat the air to evaporate the water, it just blows off most of the excess. I watched it, it did a pretty good job of your car
    SC: It’s still dripping wet! I demand a refund
    Me: I couldn’t get your car drier with a towel. You’ve had two washes, both times the machine worked perfectly, you are not having a refund
    SC: Is this how you treat all your customers?!
    Me: (I am really starting to loose my patience at this point) Only the ones asking for what they are not entitled to
    SC: Well, I’m never shopping here again. I get better service at Morrisons
    Me: (Snapped) FINE! F**K OFF TO MORRISONS THEN!

…yes, I actually swore at her. She just kinda stormed out at that point. Snypa was looking at me like “what the hell just happened?!” My mood calmed down within a matter of seconds But I wrote down her car number plate and put her on our “watch closely” list

Funnily enough, she was back for petrol the next week. Didn’t say two words to Snypa or me about the car wash. hehe
    Last edited by AdvancedFlea; 07-07-2008, 09:41 PM.
    -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

*Low whistle*

Man, Flea-bit, you and all the other convenience store clerks are really keeping me from applying for that third shift job at the Hot Spot in town.

*Shudders*
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Everybody and their dog knows that car washes don't dry cars completely. What a tard.

What a car wash of that quality? Pay the detail shop $50 for it.

Otherwise, fuck off to Morrison's!
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I don't know much about car washes, but I know convenience stores. C-stores are not such convenient places to work. They only rank slightly better than fast food as suckiest customer service jobs possible. The only thing better about c-stores is that you don't have to worry about getting food orders right for picky eaters.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
          I get better service at Morrisons
          Then why are you here? Moron.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
            I don't know much about car washes, but I know convenience stores. C-stores are not such convenient places to work. They only rank slightly better than fast food as suckiest customer service jobs possible. The only thing better about c-stores is that you don't have to worry about getting food orders right for picky eaters.
            I know. they are HORRIBLE Places to work, from my experience. Not to mention, did you ever notice that people expect you to be their personal navigation system?

"Do you know how to get to the neachalls from here?"
            "No, Sorry"
            "Well, why not?"
            "I'm not from around here. I'm from the other side of town"
            "You should still know the local area"
            "Do I have TomTom Tatooed on my face?" ¬.¬

Quoth Apathy View Post
            Then why are you here? Moron.
            Perhaps I should have said THAT to them instead of telling them to fuck off lol

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
              C-stores....only rank slightly better than fast food as suckiest customer service jobs possible. The only thing better about c-stores is that you don't have to worry about getting food orders right for picky eaters.
              I did. Had a full deli with about thirty different made to order items - plus sliced meats and cheeses.

So if you want that three pounds of smoked turkey SHAVED - Fuck off to Morrisons.
              (Hey it works! I feel better about those bad memories already.)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                I did. Had a full deli with about thirty different made to order items - plus sliced meats and cheeses.

So if you want that three pounds of smoked turkey SHAVED - Fuck off to Morrisons.
                (Hey it works! I feel better about those bad memories already.)
                *nods* we were lucky enough not to have a deli...thank god. That would not have gone well in the arse-end of bilston.

..particually if I had to tell every single damn customer to fuck off to morrisons...which I would just do for shits and gigggles, really.

Comment

Oh, I'd love a job where I could snap off like that and still receive a paycheck. You scored high points on this one.
                  Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I drive a Chevy TrailBalzer. The side panes of the car have a ")" shape to them. I know that of i go thru the car wash the bottom portion will not always be quite as clean as the top portion. Usually a few specks of dirt will be left. If it is just a little i will just deal with it at home with a paper towel. Now if the whole car came out dirty i would then ask for a re-wash but unless it is a hand wash I simply understand that few bits of dirt may stay on.

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
                      Oh, I'd love a job where I could snap off like that and still receive a paycheck. You scored high points on this one.
                      you do realise that I wasn't really supposed to yell at her, much less swear, right? ^^;

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                      I drive a Chevy TrailBalzer. The side panes of the car have a ")" shape to them. I know that of i go thru the car wash the bottom portion will not always be quite as clean as the top portion. Usually a few specks of dirt will be left. If it is just a little i will just deal with it at home with a paper towel. Now if the whole car came out dirty i would then ask for a re-wash but unless it is a hand wash I simply understand that few bits of dirt may stay on.
                      thats the thing, these new Beetles are pretty much that shape all over. car wash machines struggle with them with thte exception of ours, it never seemed to. we still have to give that little disclaimer though.

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
                        I know. they are HORRIBLE Places to work, from my experience.

Odd they were my favorite jobs-may be returning to one as an AM if all goes well.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                          Odd they were my favorite jobs-may be returning to one as an AM if all goes well.
                          ...you poor baby o.o

Comment

She was bitching about a car wash machine not drying her car enough? Loser.

When I'd take my grandmother's car (midsize Oldsmobile, sadly now-gone), I didn't care if it was totally dry. I'd dry it myself....by getting onto the nearest highway, and putting my foot down. After several minutes of 70mph winds, there was a drop of water on it
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Wow. You did something I'm sure ALL service workers have dreamed about doing.

Did you have any negative fall out from management?
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X