This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Delphae View Post
    When I worked at Dunkin Donuts, we had a regular who would order coffee coolattas with skim milk and whiped cream. Never got that one either.
    Yeah, I'm going with the others. Taste change.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      I know someone who likes whip cream but can't stand 2%, maybe thats their dig too?

I don't like 2%, either. I always order skim hot chocolate. But usually I get whipped cream. Most times I ask for "light whip" and they put about half the usual amount on. I like the taste of the whipped cream, and I mix it into the drink.

My other reason is that I once got a hot chocolate while I was working, back when they used whole milk, and I had it stashed under my register, but it got cold by the time I had a bout 1/4 of the cup left. I went to the breakroom to warm it up in the microwave, and when I took the lid off the layer of fat floating on the top made me gag. That's when I started ordering skim.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The guy who was angry about 40 cents is my favorite. He should have just kept his mouth shut, or at least remained polite. I love your manager for calling the other store, it's what I would have done.

The lady makes me laugh to. I never go to Starbucks but I did today because I found a five dollar gift card, and on my way there I didn't know what I could get because I'm sure everything there is very bad for you. So her thinking a "lite" anything covered in whipped cream is good for her makes me laugh and weep from the idiocy.
        wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
        ----
        Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Entitlemen Whore numero uno; Oh my gourd, I thought I was going to go into a sugar coma just reading that! Just... oh gross....

My thoughts exactly. That much sugar would make me pucker and nearly puke. When I take the time and effort to treat myself to a cafe' mocha at the local coffee shop, I always have them to do 1/2-1/4 of the chocolate pumps, no added sugar at the end, and very little whipped cream on top and no choc. drizzle on top of that. Anything more than that and it's too sweet.

Comment

About Fail #3 - Put up a couple signs:

"Till has less than $40 at all times"

or

"If your bill is less than $50, all payments over $100 are kept as a gratuity. For your convenience, use the nearest ATM 20 feet away in (put arrow here) direction."

So when asshat buys a $3 drink and pays for it with a $100 bill.. Looks like you've got yourself a very hefty tip! Point to the sign, say "I can't make change, and I'm not going to give you a free drink. Next time read the sign. Have a nice day."
            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I just laugh at people who think I can change a 100 dollar bill for their dollar items. I really do. Even more so when its 3 in the morning.

Makes them mad. But then I ask them do they HONESTLY expect me to have THAT much change in my till. Normally they shut up. Sometimes not. But they all do in the end when they realize that I honestly DO NOT HAVE THE CHANGE, and I'm not budging.

Number 2 extras:
              Meh. Menu says we charge. Some clerks don't. Others do. If I get something free, I'm grateful, and normally tip well above what I would have normally, so it ends up costing the same ether way. But I don't give a crap if I have to pay. After all,there is something called COST versus RETAIL. When stores give something out for FREE, they are losing money.

And finally number 1.
              I'm reminded of a story my friend told me when he went to a burger king. A rather large woman was yelling and screaming at the clerks. She had several bags of food that her demonspawn/husband were holding. Apperently Burger King just screwed her diet over because they were out of Diet Cola.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Just have somethign to go along with three
                i get to say this alot-
                Sure i can take your 50 but as all our advertisments, writen and televised show, and as anyone of the people on the phone would have told them if you had mentioned it, i, the driver, only carry up 20 dollars in change, and that is all the change i can give you.
                this is usally followed with "BUT THATS ALL I HAVE!" or "Huh" or "Wha- really?"
                yep the total amount of change i can give you is 20 dollars
                they usually runa nd get exact change.
                the only time this has not been true (i try ot stay consistant no matter what, even if they are my last run on a quodruple and i have 100 dollars in my pocket they can only get 20 so they dont go EW on some poor smuck) was in two occasions.
                One- Mr. Joe- Mr. Joe tips well, and is very nice but forgetful, today he accidently gave me a 44 dollar tip (i ran back and gave him back his 40, he only ment to give me 4), one time he went through his pockets and all he had (unlike he thought) was a 5, 6 1s, and a 100. He thought the 100 was a 20. His order was just about 20 dollars. Since he was close and i knew i had another run waiting, i took the 100, went back to the store got 80 dollars (did an 80 dollar drop got 20 from my manger, and got every thing form my drop box) made my runs came back and made his change. He gave me a 7 dollar tip
                the second pissed me off.
                Usually the managers ask the drivers if they are ok to carry change for a 50, i always say no, because im girl and its generally in bad areas, the guys will sometimes say sure, ok, or at least just this time.
                This occassion i was getting my orders together and about to bag when the mangaer sad "Oh slice your second order is going to need change for a 50" i growlled and glared and went to get the change.
                What really sucked was the first one also had a 50, but i didnt make change for it. he ran and got a 20 and a 5.
                the second order had a fat roll of cash, including ones, 5s, 10s and 20s as wells as a few 50s, and still wanted to use a 50 for his 19 dollar delivery.
                After that i flat out refused to carry it.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
                  About Fail #3 - Put up a couple signs:

"Till has less than $40 at all times"

or

"If your bill is less than $50, all payments over $100 are kept as a gratuity. For your convenience, use the nearest ATM 20 feet away in (put arrow here) direction."

So when asshat buys a $3 drink and pays for it with a $100 bill.. Looks like you've got yourself a very hefty tip! Point to the sign, say "I can't make change, and I'm not going to give you a free drink. Next time read the sign. Have a nice day."
                  Oh, we had the "no bills larger than $20 please" sign. But you expect SCs to read or honor signs? We know how that goes.
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

Working...
                  X