This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ASM

We got a new ASM yesterday to replace our old one that got transferred to another store. The older one nearly ALWAYS left you alone and let you do your job UNLESS he REALLY needed you (which was rare) anyways thats besides the point. our new ASM came complete with HIGH EXPECTATIONS for our store:

1. ALL stray carts MUST be brought and placed inside their respective corrals BEFORE he comes in to work but management has a penchant for coming in really early in the morning.

2. He is as serious as a heart attack on store cleanliness. Now i know this is a must but he makes sure you are cleaning on your assigned hour about every half hour.

3. Checkstands must be cleaned and clear of any and all debris.

4. Go backs are a BIG pet peeve of his. being as they cost money all go backs must be completed by the end of your shift. and yes you STILL must come up and answer calls

5. Shirts must be crisp, clean, and tucked in. Pants must be crisp, ironed and neat.

6. You are to come OFF your break if he calls you up front. (thats why im going to take my breaks outside away from all calls.)

7. He timed a checker once on her break. now we are given 1-2 10 minute breaks on our shift depending on how long it is. He timed her at 10 min 4 sec. HE FRIGGEN COUNTED 4 FRIGGEN SECONDS!!

Other than that he seems like an ok guy. I just hope he doesn't turn store policy nazi on us because we don't put up with that. if you leave us alone and let us get our jobs done then you will find we know how to make things run smoother.

He's a nice guy and all. but he needs to slow down and relax and not try and do too many things at one time.
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Nothing worse than a new ASM who's so ambitious to the point of nonsense.

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
      7. He timed a checker once on her break. now we are given 1-2 10 minute breaks on our shift depending on how long it is. He timed her at 10 min 4 sec. HE FRIGGEN COUNTED 4 FRIGGEN SECONDS!!

2 GMs ago the GM wrote an employee up for clocking in 30 seconds late. this was especially stupid in the fact that on the surface our time clock program only displays whole minutes (in the program however it does count seconds).
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Ambition to the point of silliness sounds like the new ASM we just got.

He's not timing people on breaks (yet, that I know of), but he's been harping at people about wearing hoodies...hello, it's 20 degrees on the salesfloor because the door isn't fixed! YOU are the only one who can get the door fixed. 'Being in full uniform' is useless if everyone calls out sick.

Signing the selfscan key in and out. In theory, sure. In practice, not possible unless you can get the clipboard right then (and since it has to be witnessed by a manager who is not holding the key that's being signed for, I guess you're supposed to wait until a manager gets there...then what happens if the holder of the self-scan AND frontend keys is the only manager in the store?).

Cleaning. Yes, I know the selfscans have to be cleaned, but I can only do that when they're not in use. When is that supposed to be? (the only way I was able to clean one to NASM's satisfaction was after it crashed, so it could not be used until I decided to restart it).
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Sounds like a textbook case of a micro manager.
          My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
          My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Working...
          X