Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today, I graduate from that stupid craphole.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, I graduate from that stupid craphole.

I figured I'd put up a quick post before I go to sleep. It's 11:40 now and at 4:30, I'm going to wake up, get my purple graduation robe on, drive to the local convention center and walk across the stage. I never thought I'd graduate high school so quickly, or at least it seemed quick...

I'd say I'm going to miss it, but I'm done with the stupid place. I hate most of the students, my office-aide job had me dealing with some of dumbest people I think I've ever seen. And with said job came it's psychotic, over-involved parents. I will be posting my remaining stories on that though later.

As for now, I'm currently trying to get a job at a local craft store (yippee, retail!), so hopefully that won't be too bad for a first job. And I'm going to ease into college. Take one or two classes at a time, get my basics out of the way, then move on to university where I can follow my dream as a designer for hospital interior.

And then I celebrate my 18th birthday on the 11th... This is all a little overwhelming...
    Either way, I'm on to a new chapter of my life! Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Eevie; 06-08-2013, 05:32 AM.
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Yay! At least you have a plan. I didn't.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Good luck! Just be happy that you never have to deal with the dimwits again.

Leaving high school can be the best thing ever. It was for me.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

hail to another person who graduated high school at the age of 17.

(due to the way the system is set up, most people turn 18 during Year 12)

It felt so weird being the baby of my graduating class-literally. (there was one person who was a day older than me, everyone else was 18) It actually got quite interesting when the school had to put a blanket ban on drinking at the formal...they wouldn't allow ANYONE to have alcohol on the night, didn't matter whether you were 18 or not. The teachers on the other hand.....

Good luck with the job! Art/Craft stores are my little secret haven!
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

and good luck! Hey, a job in a craft store ... that sounds great! Keep us updated!

Comment

Congrats on graduating! Exciting times! I had a plan too...one that involved finding a rich old guy. That obviously panned out right?! I jest I jest. Seriously congrats though. High school is a pain, glad you're done!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
              Good luck! Just be happy that you never have to deal with the dimwits again.
              No, she'll be working in retail...

Grats on the graduation.

Comment

Congrats Eevie!

Quoth fireheart View Post
                hail to another person who graduated high school at the age of 17.

(due to the way the system is set up, most people turn 18 during Year 12)
                I graduated at 17, too. I didn't turn 18 until more than a month after I started college. I was born on the cutoff date for school (October 1); there were a few kids I knew of who were younger than me but they all started school in other states with later cutoffs.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  I graduated at 17, too. I didn't turn 18 until more than a month after I started college. I was born on the cutoff date for school (October 1); there were a few kids I knew of who were younger than me but they all started school in other states with later cutoffs.
                  Prior to this year, the policy for entering primary school used to be that you could start the term after you turned 5. My birthday resulted in me starting school in Term 4, so I did 5 terms of Kindergarten before moving to Grade 1. Then I skipped Grade 2. So I graduated younger than I should have. (although theoretically, because I split my last academic year in two, it brought me in line )

Because the academic year down here is Feb/March-November, (for schools it's Jan-Dec), I was 17 for quite a few months of my university education. Made it very awkward when my now ex-boyfriend tried to ask me out. (not my current partner )
                  (He wanted to go to a bar and buy me a beer. I had to decline. He still took me on a date that didn't involve alcohol and we dated for about six months )
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                  X