Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are a splendid representation of each of our respective generations.

Cyberlurch, any further updates? Hails of cosmic justice? Please let there be hails of cosmic justice.

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
      ditto here. born '74
      My brother was born that year (October) and I just realized one of my half sisters (the elder of the two) will be 40 next month (Feb. 1978.)

Youngest sister, still a Dingbat, will be 31 in March and definitely as self centered as the Milliennial generation is made out to be.

Me, I'm turning 49 this year . . . which means retirement is that much sooner (aiming to walk away at age 67 depending on how my body holds out.)
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Born in 55. Children born 85, 86 and 89. Planning on working until 66 or 67, or until my body says it's had enough of this, thankyouverymuch. I'm in a field that is hard on my hands, and I have arthritis.

I really want to start up a gym membership. Not sure when the hell I'd have time or energy, but something needs to change. I've gained 90 pounds since I got married waaay back in 1983. Things hurt, nothing fits anymore, and I'd like to regain limberness! And stamina.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
          I've gained 90 pounds since I got married waaay back in 1983. Things hurt, nothing fits anymore, and I'd like to regain limberness! And stamina.
          Same here. I think I'm going to try Yoga or Pilates. I have absolutely no flexibility anymore, and that's one of the first things I need to change. Also need to do something about my skin; I've got both wrinkles and pimples! It's crazy!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm probably at least 15 pounds over where I ought to be; I just started a switch to diet sodas (I only drink soda in restaurants anyway), which may help some. I'll be trying to cut down on the sweets overall, too.

Comment

any updates on this situation?

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post

Cyberlurch, any further updates? Hails of cosmic justice? Please let there be hails of cosmic justice.
                No, nothing new. As far as I'm concerned, it's over... and evidently sometimes the bad guys win. The part of me that wanted to seek terrible vengeance has shrugged its figurative shoulders, admitted it was a shit job that wasn't worth fighting for, and resolved to move on. I have had no further contact with anyone in that store, nor do I plan any.

One day, Spoiled Suburban Princess will pull her little stunt with 100 percent the wrong person and will get one hell of a reality check. At least, we can hope.

So now it's back to job hunting. I've picked up some piddly work - only about 15-20 hours a week, and it has its own challenges as I look for something to either augment or replace this as a source of income. But there doesn't seem to be a lot for someone of my age and general health in this economy, particularly in this burned-out 'burg.

I may very well have to admit that I really am disabled.

Comment

Working...
                X