This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    Isn't it against the law to yell "FIRE!!!" in a crowded public place? That asshole should have been banned for something like that.
    If a woman were to yell RAPE it would get mostly ignored. She yells FIRE and gets help. OLD 20/20 program covered that indepth.

Comment

Well, perhaps she has test anxiety? (It was only a TEST, after all.)

I'll bet she's just perfectly calm and rational in a real fire. (Yeah, who am I kidding?)
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Arse over Elbows. XD
        As you were.
        Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
        It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Does nobody say "Head over heels" anymore?

As for the wannabe firefighter -- check your local laws; if he shows up again, you may have grounds to have him arrested. Where I am, at least, cops, firefighters, and school bus drivers are considered to be "enforcement officials," in that assaulting or impersonating one is a serious offense. Glad they banned him, he's lucky nobody got seriously hurt because of his "evacuation" o_O
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            I never really understood "head over heels" as a replacement for being sent tumbling. After all, your head is normally over your heels, right? Besides, "ass over teakettle" sounds funnier.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              I never cared much for that version. If you're just walking along or standing still, your head is already over your heels. It's when you fall down that the positions get reversed and you end up arse over teakettle (head).
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I was thinking that as I typed it. I had never actually heard any variants until I joined this board .
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  I never really understood "head over heels" as a replacement for being sent tumbling. After all, your head is normally over your heels, right? Besides, "ass over teakettle" sounds funnier.
                  Years ago, one of my friends started using "tits over teacups" which likewise didn't make sense to me, for varying values of teacups And he got me saying it!
                  Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                  At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    I was thinking that as I typed it. I had never actually heard any variants until I joined this board .
                    You'll hear a bunch of stuff around here you probably haven't heard before. And before long, don't be surprised if you find yourself using some of those phrases.

I haven't heard "ass over teakettle" before either but it is cute. I'm used to hearing "head over heels" around these parts myself.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Thanks to this thread I will now be saying "ass over tits." Because I am a horrible person.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        What about Head over Feet?
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          What about Head over Feet?
                          The 'heels' version was used in a popular song (or two) by a popular group (or two) at one point. That makes it the default/standard ^_^ It's the LAW.
                          Last edited by EricKei; 02-09-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I submit. Those guys trump Alanis Morisette.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                            X