Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tales From a Discount Store, Bag Woes (language, long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
    I assume Poundland is like the British version of a dollar store? Where everything is £1 or less? Yeah, those places are like SC magnets. I've never worked at one, but I don't even like shopping at them.
    There used to be a shop which had the extraordinary name 'Yes! Everything's A Pound!'

I'm not a sucky customer, but I always wanted to go in and just start asking 'Excuse me, how much is this?' 'A pound' 'What about this?' 'A pound' 'This?' 'That's a pound too.' 'What about this?' 'A pound' 'Wait a minute. Is everything a pound?' 'Yes' 'How much is this?'

I never did of course because I imagined they'd get customers like that without trying to be funny.

Comment

Quoth retro View Post
      ...I always wanted to go in and just start asking 'Excuse me, how much is this?' 'A pound' 'What about this?' 'A pound' 'This?' 'That's a pound too.' 'What about this?' 'A pound' 'Wait a minute. Is everything a pound?' 'Yes' 'How much is this?'

I never did of course because I imagined they'd get customers like that without trying to be funny.
      Yes, it does happen, and not just at dollar or pound stores. After a few rounds of it, I'm sure the employees would love to give the SC a pound or two...
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Do you guys have Horlicks? I want some so bad but no one in the US carries it.
        Sometimes the Vermont Country Store has it (they're online) or try ukgoods.com
        Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
        At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Do you guys have Horlicks? I want some so bad but no one in the US carries it.
          Quoth vikingchyk View Post
          Sometimes the Vermont Country Store has it (they're online) or try ukgoods.com
          Cost Plus World Market usually has it. And they're also online.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Cost Plus World Market usually has it. And they're also online.
            The hell you say. Next time I'm there (probably tomorrow) I'll have to look harder.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X