This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick? Yeah Sick in the Head!

Oh man, when i Jinx things I really do. Had yet ANOTHER one last night. It's not even tourist season yet! WTF Hotel GOds?!?!?! WHY?!?!! *Sob*
    I had to unlucky pleasure of dealing with Old Drunk Guy and his Drunk Grandson.
    Let just geton with it so I can quickly forget...

Old Drunk Guy: Nasty old fart
    Old Drunk Son: Nasty just like his old Pops, at least had some sense

ODG: HEY YOU
    Me: Can I help you
    ODG: THIS KEY DOESN'T WORK RM 666
    Me: Let me check it

(I check it.)

Me: Well it says Rm 666.
    ODS: We tried and it didn't work

Me: Ok, I'll just go up and help you then
    ODS: YES!

( I go. The key refuses to work.)

Me: Is there someone else in there? Sometimes it doesn't work if they've thrown the deadbolt.

(Might as well called their moms big fat dirty pigs. THey went off like a siren.)

ODS & ODG: T H E R E B E T T E R N O T B E !!!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Me: Ok.

(I use my master key. It works.)

Me: *looks* Looks like there no one.

ODS: Yeah there bettter not be. Obviously!

Me: Like I said, the key said Rm 666 when I checked it, and there was no one inside. So that's mean there's a lock problem I think.

ODG: DONT YOU EVEN KNOW WHATS WRONG?!

Me: I'm not a lock mechanic--

ODG: *not listening* DAMN RIGHT! I AM SOOOO MAD! *three inches from my face; PU alcohol breath*

Me: I'll be telling the manager.

ODG: YEAH YOU TELL YOUR MANAGER THIS IS AN OUTRAGE !!!!

Me: Sorry about the inconvenience...

ODG: I WANT MY BILL REFUNDED!! THIS IS THE FOURTH TIME!!

Me: Yes I can do that...

ODG: YEAH YOU DO THAT! *positively jumping up and down and stamping his feet*

ODS: *pushes me out* Sorry, he's sick. *slams door hard behind me*

Yeah sick in the head.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

If he's got alcohol breath, he's not sick, he's drunk. I know, I know, minor difference, but to the law, one is an arrestable offense if it's in public

Are they keys or key cards? If they are key cards, replacing is the first thing to try... only to have the drunks set them right back in the pocket containing the cell phone. If it's actual keys, then yup, locksmith time.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Devil's advocate here, but it's possible to have booze breath and not be drunk. A diabetic in ketosis will often act aggressive & smell drunk. Although it looks like this guy actually was drunk, since they weren't in any particular hurry to get the situation resolved (a diabetic's companion would have been freaking out trying to get at the insulin).
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Well maybe he was or wasn't. However, we have a lot of bars around, (and a lot of alcohol rehab centers--go fig) so everytime someone comes in staggering and grabbing thing to keep their balances, I going to assume they've had way to much to drink. Plus, the Son stated they were drunk. Forgot to add.
        Update: after that night, next morning, after a good night's sleep, they were like Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hydes. Did a complete about face in their attitude. Very nicely asked about breakfast and what not. I told the manager, who was disgusted on the way they acted before, and told the GM. The GM REVERSED my refund, and charged them. Reason? They smoked a storm up in there.
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I've got MS, which affects my balance, & means I have to keep grabbing/ holding onto everything in sight; but I don't have alcohol breath (don't drink- tastes nasty) and my speech isn't affected- so far, fingers X'd! But this didn't prevent some blue haired old ***** saying, loudly, to her companion "She's pissed!"

Comment

When I worked at a football stadium, we had a man who was being thrown out by security until I stopped them because I had talked to the man the week before and learned that he had recently been diagnosed with MS. He had a card to prove it, but security was in such a rush to get him out that they ignored that, his friends' explanations and the fact that the guy had no alcohol smell on him or anything. Apparently security had a very stern talking-to as a result.
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
            X