This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License to Use the Internet Part II

A continuation of this thread: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=104648

Had TWO IN A ROW tonight. BOTH of them were INTERNET ORDERS.

The first one had a declined CC so when I tried to call the given number, all I got was ****TWILL TWILL the number or code you tried to dial is invalid or not working TWILL TWILL*******

HEY no pizza for you tonight. They did eventually call about their order after about 90 minutes. I explained the situation --- CC declined blah blah phone number not working blah blah OK Thankyou *CLICK* (their end)

The second one was a legit order to an apt building with a doorbuzzer. NOW some management companies do not repair the door buzzers all that often. I get the building and press the buzzer for the appropreiate apartment. and wait. I press the buzzer again. and WAIT.

The good thing about this building is that it has 2 enterances, but I attempt to call the customer first hoping they can just walk out their door and open the outer door. I dial the number ------- *****TWILL TWILL this number is temporarily disconnected. Please try again TWILL TWILL (this message usually means PAY YOUR DAMN CELL PHONE BILL DUMMY and I know this was a cell phone because the exchange is from my cell provider)

Luckily the other door buzzer works and I delivery the order.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Incomplete / invalid information was the bane of my existence as a pizza driver.

Like the guy who gave his address as 114 (street) instead of 144 (street four blocks over). Yes, I drove his pizza to the address he'd given, but the people I found there had not ordered pizza, and when I tried to call the number on the ticket all I got was a busy signal. So the pizza went back to the shop and sat on top of the oven for almost two hours, during which time we tried at least four times to call him. Busy signal every time. Finally, he calls US bitching about how his food hasn't arrived. And naturally, it's OUR fault he doesn't know where he lives.

Or, as you mentioned, apartment deliveries without a unit number. Oh, of course I'd try to match the name with one on the mail boxes.... but Bullwinkle, that trick NEVER works! Usually, the tenant would leave his/her name off the mailbox, so nope. And if it was a unit in one particular complex, it was just about guaranteed the phone would be 'out of service' when you tried to call. And invariably, I'd get chewed out for not being psychic.

Comment

Working...
    X