This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    Kheldarson: you did a good job there. Honestly you did. This is not your fault.
    Thanks, Seshat. I did submit it for review by my mentor; I'm kinda hoping she tells me I can end sessions early with students like this >.<
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth BigBird View Post
      ...because he is not intelligent enough to figure out how to get out of his house to experience the climate around him.
      But...but there's the big yellow ball of death up in the sky out there! I've seen it!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

GIVE ME THE ANSWER SO THAT I CAN WRITE IT DOWN AND NOT ACTUALLY STORE THE INFORMATION IN MY BRAIN OR TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE WHO WILL!!!

That's pretty much all I got from that. Kid was being lazy and just wanted you to hand over the answer so he could go play videogames or something.
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Idiot was trying to get you to do the work for him. I've known far too many people like that. They feign helplessness or ignorance, and needle and cajole you until you give in and do the task yourself just to shut them up.
          I believe the term is called Learned Helplessness. Many SC's seem to exhibit this as well.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
            GIVE ME THE ANSWER SO THAT I CAN WRITE IT DOWN AND NOT ACTUALLY STORE THE INFORMATION IN MY BRAIN OR TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE WHO WILL!!!

That's pretty much all I got from that. Kid was being lazy and just wanted you to hand over the answer so he could go play videogames or something.
            This, exactly this. I would've called him out on his bullshit and told him I'm not paid to do his homework for him.
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post

This, exactly this. I would've called him out on his bullshit and told him I'm not paid to do his homework for him.
              We're not allowed to, unfortunately.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                How on earth does this person operate a computer!)?
                I'm quite sure he's proficient in using the internet for its intended purpose.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BigBird View Post
                  Obviously he cannot figure out how climate affects how you live because he is not intelligent enough to figure out how to get out of his house to experience the climate around him.
                  Quoth EricKei View Post
                  But...but there's the big yellow ball of death up in the sky out there! I've seen it!
                  Cursed Daystar! It burrrrrrrnnnnssss!!
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Wow, that uh really boggles my mind.

The most perplexing this for me though is: The question wasn't hard at all. I mean any kid worth their salt should have been able to BS their way through it in less than ten minutes.

I can't even count how many times I did that when I was in school.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      Wow, that uh really boggles my mind.

The most perplexing this for me though is: The question wasn't hard at all. I mean any kid worth their salt should have been able to BS their way through it in less than ten minutes.
                      It's easy if you 1) understand the premise to begin with (which is debatable in this case) and 2) care to understand (which is laughable here)
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                        We're not allowed to, unfortunately.
                        That sucks, your employer has to be aware that situations like this happen so why won't he/she let you call out people like him?
                        ......../\
                        ....../__\
                        ..../\...../\
                        ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post

That sucks, your employer has to be aware that situations like this happen so why won't he/she let you call out people like him?
                          We're allowed to end sessions if it's extreme abuse, but I'm not sure if this crossed to that level because he didn't curse.

But unless they're abusive or uncommunicative or seriously playing around, we're supposed to work with them.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post

(Customer)
                            [00:13:06] then help me not answer the question
                            I don't think he needs any help in not answering the question-seems to be doing a good enough job of that himself.
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

"Scott want pass in his assignment at all, he had a poem to learn and he fell to do it."

Google it (you'll probably have to use Advanced Search).

-------------------------
                              Khelardson, you needn't have gone so far as to give him that example about Egypt. After all, you're not his Mummy. Tut-tut! *ducks*

Comment

Quoth Cat Herder View Post
                                Khelardson, you needn't have gone so far as to give him that example about Egypt. After all, you're not his Mummy. Tut-tut! *ducks*
                                *groans*

*pelts Cat Herder with tomatoes *

My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X