This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parade of Morons

I know, a rare post from me, as I'm usually in the back checking in the vendor deliveries or walking the DSD sections and checking dates through the grocery department.

But what time I was up front today in between the deliveries and date checking I witnessed such idiocy that I just couldn't help but share . . .

Do You Have a Hearing Problem or a Intelligence Deficiency?

I'm behind the kiosk, counting the cigarettes to make sure the computer and what we have match up and make adjustments as necessary (right now, Young Padawan and I are suspecting a mouse who likes Newports but I digress) and Mouth Almighty (who has come back to work after a 2 month medical leave last month) is the opening cashier. MA is checking out a customer when this rare specimen came up to the Customer Service desk (which is in front of the kiosk and we have a register on either side.)

Now there is a sign sitting on the counter over the scanner clearly stating that Customer Service Hours are from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Most people would read that and check their watch (or phone) and see that it's not yet 9 (this was around 8:30ish) so therefore no lottery, money orders, Western Union, et al until 9.

Not this guy. He had to ask "Can I get a money order?"

Before I could speak up (my back was turned to the cigarette case in front of me) MA spoke up and said "Customer Service doesn't open until 9."

"So I can't get a money order right now?" he asked.

"Not until after 9," MA replied as she continued to scan items for the customer in front of her.

Guy leaves and we look at each other and she asked "Now what did I say?"

"I know," I laughed "And there's a sign right there that was in front of his face. Can't fix stupid and you can't shoot it either."

Learn Some Bleeping Manners . . .

Woman comes up to the desk a few minutes later (I'm still counting cigs) and yammers "Give me the phone! I need to blargle blarge . . . ."

I simply put the phone on the counter and go back to what I'm doing but not before giving her the look over the top of my glasses (you know, like Medusa from Clash of the Titans who could turn men to stone - too bad it didn't work.)

Woman runs around the counter to MA's register like her ass was on fire instead blabbering about a balance on her card. Just WTF? If you've got ants in your pants, get them outta my store - I don't want them.

Repitition is NOT My Specialty . . .

AKA, know what you want . . .

Later in the morning, I'm on the cookie/cracker aisle checking the number of out of stocks and an older guy was searching the aisle so I asked if I could help him find something.

"I'm looking for oatmeal cookies but I don't see them."

"You're on the right aisle. Did you want Keebler, Store Brand or-"

"I want oatmeal cookies," he kept repeating (and cutting me off in the process)

"But which brand do you want? We have several different ones." (WTF? This is like trying to have a conversation with my last ex, who probably still can't figure out why he's NOW an ex-file but I digress.)

I look behind me and see the Little Debbie endcap and on the side on the bottom shelf are Oatmeal Creme Pies. "Would these be what you may want?" I asked as I picked up a box.

"Oh yeah, that's them." He took one, wandered off the aisle and the world was again sane . . .

2pm could NOT have come fast enough today!!
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)
Working...
X