Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

"I'm looking for a book. It's purple."
Old 07-07-2020, 11:37 PM
Chairman of the Board

Default "I'm looking for a book. It's purple."

Okay, I work in a grocery store, not a bookstore, but this was the equivalent request.

Customer (not sucky, I should add) comes up to my till empty-handed.

Me: "Can I help you?"

Customer: "Yeah, I want three of those bags of that ... stuff, the stuff that's 3 bags for $10."

Me:

Me: "Is it [commonly requested garden material]?"

Customer: "No, it's not that. Um, it's in a green-and-white bag. And it's 3 bags for $10."

Me:

I call over the "Front End." She's frantically directing traffic and can NOT leave to go outside and look over all the bags of "stuff." Somebody else volunteers to do so, and comes back and tells me it's [Product]. I ring it up and yes, it's 3 bags for $10.

Then he starts to walk away without his receipt. Um, buddy, we RARELY ask you to prove you paid but it would be a lot easier on you if you've got a receipt ... just in case.

Also ... I had to wonder if he didn't have a cellphone. I've had other people come through my line looking for "garden stuff" but they had taken a photo of said "stuff" and showed me the photo. I could thus find it in 2 seconds flat on my print-out.

Alas, I do not know every single deal in the store and thus "3 bags for $10" (not to mention "green-and-white bag") was really no help at all.

He wasn't sucky about it at all, but we could all have done without this, as today was absolutely crazed. Our manager thinks we got some overflow from a sister store which is known to have two or three staff members who've tested positive for lycanthropy ... I mean, COVID.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:06 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
... Our manager thinks we got some overflow from a sister store which is known to have two or three staff members who've tested positive for lycanthropy ... I mean, COVID.
A virus that causes lycanthropy I could relate to. It would release the inner beast. That would be a surprise for sucky customers.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:44 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

I have the perfect place for you to work, should you happen across that virus. Just swing by my place first...

https://customerservicewolf.com/
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 07-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Store Manager

"I want to see your manager!"
*Wolfs out*
"... NevermindIGottaBeGoing!"

Old 07-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid

Even better if it's a long, drawn out transformation with lots of screaming and nudity like in Being Human