This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this up as a reminder.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

We've just had to issue another infraction, so I'm giving this one another bump.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

As this is something that has cropped up once or twice as of late: If there is something report-worthy in the thread that we really need to know about ASAP (e.g. Fratching), please do NOT reply to the thread at all, even if it's about something unrelated to the problem; it could easily add flame to the fire. Just report it and move on. You can even Unsubscribe from the thread if that will help you to put it out of your mind.

Just as a clarification, as somebody asked Yes, we mean "don't post any more" in reference to the offending topic-related material. That just tends to make things worse. ^_^ Continuing to post when someone does EQ, double posts, or "I'm not sure if this belongs in this section" is fine.

To put it another way -- If the thread mentions something like religion or race or, say, tipping, comments relevant to the story itself [read: suckiness of the customer/managers, etc] are generally fine, and it's OK to keep posting. Comments about religions/races/tipping and the like (especially derogatory ones) or debates about them are NOT, and should not be posted at all. That's why we have Fratching. When in doubt, ASK us via PM before posting. That's why we're here.

More reports are a good thing! They help us to keep the dialogue on the board as civil as possible.

Also, just as a friendly reminder -- nobody else on the board, save for us modmins, will ever know who reported any given post or PM [yes, you can report those, too!], or that a report was even made, aside from the occasional generic mod comment that "we've been getting complaints about this thread" or the like. So, have no fears about your privacy when doing so.
        Last edited by EricKei; 10-12-2013, 04:47 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Bumping this up yet again . . . .

For the love of Pete (or whomever): If another member posts a comment that is better suited for Fratching, do NOT - I repeat, do NOT respond to it.

Whether or not you agree with the comment is immaterial - you're only adding fuel to the flame in a manner of speaking. Besides, that kind of discussion clearly belongs on Fratching!!!

Infractions are being handed out for this. I've just issued 2 this morning (and yes I've had my coffee already.)

The rules are there for a reason - and not hard to follow. If you have any questions about posting, please PM a moderator for advice and guidance. We're not bad guys here, we're members too. But we're also helping Raps and you guys keep this site the friendly, welcoming and laid back place we've come to be known as.

Let's work together, folks.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Bumpage/clarification in response to user inquiries:

As a general rule of thumb:

- If you feel the need to say "This may belong on Fratching, but...", it does belong there. Period. If you feel that you have a "potential fratching" subject to discuss that's important enough to bring up on here, we'd rather see a thread with a link to the post on Fratching (put in Check It Out) than an actual thread on the subject here. (This issue has raised its head recently, hence the bump of the Site News post)

- Please report any issues or problems you see on the board -- whether it's in a thread or in a PM. We can't see everything

- If you have a personal issue with something another poster has said and even think it may be contentious, either take it to PM's or just Report it and walk away.

- If there is something report-worthy in a thread, we really prefer that you not post in it, at all, for any reason (unless you're adding a Fratching link -- which is situational anyway). Do NOT call the other member(s) out, as perpetuating the issue/adding fuel to the fire is just as bad as sparking it in the first place. Please just Report and trust us to deal with it.

- Remember that ONLY Mods/Admins will ever know that a post/thread was reported, let alone who reported it, and that there are no repercussions for doing so. We're referees, not tyrants.

- TOS violations like Fratching, quality-of-life stuff like huge images, failure to mark NSFW posts, excessive quoting, consecutive posts, duplicates, thread in wrong forum, etc., are all reportable (ditto spam, but we deal with the bulk of that already -- we have posts from new users hidden by default for a reason ^_^). Feel free to browse the Site Rules for examples. When in doubt, we'd rather have a non-issue get reported, than a real issue go un-addressed. --- Just use your best judgment. e.g.: 3 quoted lines out of a 20-line post is not "excessive," just annoying as hell, especially if they're from the post immediately prior. And just as a side note, unlike some other fora, we don't really seem to have an issue with necroposting here -- if something is not yet old enough to get auto-locked, it's pretty much fair game unless a more recent/active thread covers the issue. "Really long" posts aren't a problem unless it's all one big wall-o-text with no line breaks. We like good stories
            Last edited by EricKei; 09-28-2014, 11:25 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Would you believe we have to bump this one again already?
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

This needs a bump, sadly.

If something bothers you about a post, you're not to comment on it in the thread..you either ignore it or use the report button. Period.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                X