This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotSoInnocent rides again

With my old email gone, I set up a new registration.

5 or so years after vanishing, I've got a ton of stories to tell. All thanks to my new "job".

I volunteer for multiple conventions, usually as a member of Security. My major focus is on Line Control, but I also work with Accessibility departments... because I'm now in a wheelchair. With a few dips into the A/V world, and some time in Panel Management, you could say that I've been all over the convention sphere.

You may be asking "Why is she back -now-?"

The answer is that I was reminded of the loss of one of our own.

5 years ago, today, we lost Plaidman.

He was a sweet gent who had the misfortune of having a disability which led to his ostracism from the outside, "normal", world.

We were fairly close, and my kids all met him at a zoo meetup in our area.

I was so proud of my heathen children, that day... They saw below his surface, and instantly loved him. And it was heartbreaking to see his surprise at that.

So I'm back. In his memory. And I'll be posting Stories from the Con Floor soon.

~Line Monkey
    AKA NotSoInnocent
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Welcome back NSI!
    *hugs*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      Welcome back NSI!
      *hugs*
      Thanks, hun.

Currently typing up Episode 1 of Stories from the Con Floor.

It involves VIPs, a new convention, mismanagement, theft, intrigue, and a reference to Harry Potter.

It's a doozy!

Comment

*bear hug*

'Bout time you made it back home, Girl!
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          *bear hug*

'Bout time you made it back home, Girl!
          I know, right?

Remember my heathen children?

Buddah is 16, now called Skitz, and is a fantastic talent in digital art, music, vocals, and is a rising star in competitive ice skating!

Bug is 13, now called Pixel, and has dived into physical art, choir, and video gaming!

Nugget is 10, still my little Butt Nugget, and has been very happily learning about how to take care of farm animals.

Bubbie is almost 9, still my little snuggle bub, and (despite being diagnosed with dyslexia) loves to read.

Hubby is out of the Army, graduated from college, and is an awesome dude... still.

I'm working at conventions, with several hundred folks who absolutely adore the way I can yell at a line of people (at the top of my lungs) and make them happy that I'm basically telling them to GTFO. It's fantastic!

I'm even allowed to "jokingly" threaten to run over people with 400 lbs of electric wheelchair.

I love my job!

Comment

In case anyone's confused, I merged her new account with her old one.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              In case anyone's confused, I merged her new account with her old one.
              And I'm very thankful!

Comment

Working...
              X